How to fix Screen resolution/Alt-Tab issue in SMACX

Blaze2002

Chieftain
Hey there, I've just recently downloaded the GOG version of SMACX. I wanted to run it at full resolution so added the directdraw=0 to the .ini file. This worked but this crashes the game after a few turns. I'm also unable to Alt-Tab out of the game. Is there any fix to these issues for both Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossfire?
Would really appreciate the help

Thanks,
Blaze

What is your native Windows resolution? If it's 1366x768 try changing it to 1360x768. Please post again if that advice doesn't help with the game crashing. GOG deliberately disabled Alt-Tab in the games (they thought that it introduced other problems). To re-enable it see this link.

What is your native Windows resolution? If it's 1366x768 try changing it to 1360x768. Please post again if that advice doesn't help with the game crashing. GOG deliberately disabled Alt-Tab in the games (they thought that it introduced other problems). To re-enable it see this link.
Thanks man that has helped, is there anyway you can fix the fullscreen issue without changing resolution like using an unoffical patch as setting the native resolution to 1360x768 has a nasty effect on image quality on the rest of my laptop.

You may wish to try using PlotinusRedux's unofficial patch which may be found here. I haven't installed it but I understand it's good.

Top Bottom