1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to make 43 civs on your map?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Temp123, May 2, 2020.

1. Temp123

Temp123 Chieftain

I am wasting too much time on this. Can anyone tell me how the 43 civ mod works? I am trying to load random maps but it crashes everytime, does it work with scenarios only?

Also, can you modify a map to have 43 civ slots?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2020
  2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Running more than 22 Major Player civs requires a DLL mod. This is how the mods that allow more than the standard 22 Major Players work.

The reworked DLL code takes player slots away from the City-State "reserve" and allows Major Players to use them instead.

Adding more than the standard 22 civs to a Worldbuilder map, for example, will not work by itself to allow more than 22 Major Players.

The hardcap of 64 total players in a game cannot be exceeded even when running a DLL mod that allows more than the standard number of Major Players.