How to make games longer?

soulthirst

Chieftain
I thought at first the if we make victories conditions longer, it would make late game more interesting. So I made a mod the increases affinity requirement from 13 to 18. But it turns out that it just prolong the inevitable.

So what if we limit the colonist that can built by each city like how the trade routes are limited by the population. So the main city can build 1 colonist at first, then can only build another one at pop 10, 22 and 32 (or was it 33?) and so on. Then the other cities can only start building colonist once it reach pop 10, then 22 and so on.

This will make expansion very slow. And makes increasing pop the priority rather than simply spamming academy right off the bat.

I dunno the other effects that this will make. It was just an idea of mine while daydreaming last night.

Would surely work, but I strongly doubt that would be fun. If you really want to make games longer without making the game feel stale and artificially limited, then you should for the most part lower the efficiency of the 2 Science Improvements by a lot (or even remove them completely) and increase the tech costs of the leaf techs in the third ring. Removing (or lowering) the Science- and Culture-Production-Focus for cities does also help.

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization : General Modding Discussion

Shouldn't disabling all victory conditions (AND max turns limit) except domination work to make game longer? Well, at least till someone actually competent overhauls whole game system in BE..

Top Bottom