How to Make the Other Civs love you!

LoverOfCiv

Chieftain
Here's a simple strategy to try that works for me. First put everything into science that you have to to get the smallest number of turns to discover something, but still getting the greatest amount of cash back. If you check every turn, and reset it to 100% science (even if you're loosing cash) after a discovery, you'll stay ahead of the game.

First go for Literacy and have a big city start building the Palace before you get there. When you discover Literacy (guess what) switch the palace to the GREAT LIBRARY. After you discover Literacy, pick a tech line to follow and only go after that line, that way you'll be heavy on certain techs while the computer is well rounded-you get all the computer's techs of course when you finish the great library.

During this time, make sure to develop lots of culture, and talk to the other civs all the time. Keep trading with them, even if it's just world map for 2 gold. Occasionally give them a territory map for free!

As soon as the GREAT LIBRARY is finished you are on top of the world! You can now sell techs the computer doesn't have in exchange for GOLD PER TURN. This will enable you to keep your techs coming as fast as they can, but still getting plenty of money. Just stay ahead of the game, remember to develop Republic ASAP and Democracy very soon in the game and if the computer feels INTIMIDATED by you, they'll like you-especially when you're nice to it.

Originally posted by LoverOfCiv

As soon as the GREAT LIBRARY is finished you are on top of the world! You can now sell techs the computer doesn't have in exchange for GOLD PER TURN [/B]

You can trade techs for Gold per turn even if you don't have great library.

If you can play with this strategy,

a) you didn't download 1.7

b) you are play regent or under

Am I wrong?

Well, actually I do have 1.7f, and I'm playing on Monarch in a huge world with many other civs. Actually, though I got the idea from a different forum who plays on diety. Tried it on Monarch and until I betrayed another civ and fell out of favor, I was making more than 1000 per turn with my science maxed out, and a tech or two ahead of other CIVs. Sometimes I wait a turn or two before I sell my next advance. This only a small piece of the strategy, of course you have to build libraries as fast as possible and get high culture (one trick is if you go to war with another civ and capture a bunch of cities-go to depotism and use their citizens to build libraries super fast, then replace them with a few workers and use the workers you capture to do the work, this puts more of your nationality in the city and boosts you culture superfast!) I'm really interesting in learning how to play better, so if you have suggestions, please let me know! Talk to you later!

I try this and some civs just attack me for no reason... I THINK that they either have a much larger army than myself or there isn't any room left for civs to expand to on the map and I just happen to be the guy with the smallest army.

I try EVERYTHING to get them not to attack me including going back to auto save games, etc but it just doesn't work...

The best I can do is use all them technologies to pay off the other civs in the game to put a pounding on the civ that attacked me but other than that this plan doesn't work for me.

This work for anyone else?

Originally posted by LoverOfCiv
I'm really interesting in learning how to play better, so if you have suggestions, please let me know! Talk to you later!

Sounds to me like you know how to play. But if you like, you can check out Zachriel's Strategy Tips here:
http://www.crowncity.net/civ3/

(These tips are not dogma. They are just ideas to be shared among other LoversOfCiv.)

Attachments

• culture0410bc.jpg
    culture0410bc.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 151
Top Bottom