How to modify/reduce the military supply cap?

CivilizationPlayer

Chieftain
Hello guys,

My question is pretty straightforward - how to modify/reduce the base military supply cap? To be honest, in that regard of VP, I prefer the vanilla game (army size and unit count).

One of the guys developing VP once replied to this question (thank you!), but I didn't remember and the thread is lost to me now. I would really like to start a new game having a default military supply cap strongly reduced. For example, right now in late game I have the supply cap around 80, and would prefer it to be around 20 both for me and for the AI's.

Thanks in advance and happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Which version of your mod should I use for maximum army size reduction? I wish to alter only that aspect, otherwise the VP gameplay suits me as it is. And where to place the .sql file? Thanks!

Last edited:
You can download SWVP.zip, extract it to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS, then delete everything in the SWVP folder except SWVP.modinfo and SupplyLower.sql. This should more or less halve the supply cap. You can make further adjustments in SupplyLower.sql to go lower, it can be opened by notepad or any text editor

@balparmak, after playing for some time, I find your solution for the unit supply cap better for me than vanilla VP, yet still not quite there.

Tried modifying supplylower.sql myself, but couldn't figure it out exactly what numbers I am supposed to put - never done such edits before.

Is it too much to ask, if you could reduce the army sizes and unit count even further, probably twice or even thrice as much as now? Probably someone else who likes the vanilla Civ 5 warfare will enjoy such revamp too. Of course, the change could be optional, so that it doesn't affect the rest of your mod and the people who prefer large armies (as I use only the "supplylower").

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Top Bottom