how to queue up units?

RagnarIceblood

Chieftain
I've lately grown fond of the idea to build several units to 1 turn of completion in many cities, then switch civics for XP-giving civics, and then churning the units fast out.

However, how do you do it?

I couldn't for the life of me queue up more than 1 of the same type.

e.g. if I wanted to queue up another knight it would look like this:

knight (1)
knight (4)

no matter if I CTRL+clicked the 2nd knight.
I have to build units of different types.

Whats the trick? Or is it impossible?

=====

2nd question (not related to the above)

If I start to build something, then change my mind and build something else, so I ctrl+click the new item/build to get it on top.
The one Ive started retain the hammers I've invested in it.
Some times however I screw up and forget the ctrl clicking. Are the hammers then lost?

You can't prebuild more than one of a specific unit type, multiple units will work though i.e. Pikeman, Mace and a Knight.

For your second question no you don't lost the :hammers: all you need to do is start building it again, however if something you've started building left in the queue (or not in the queue in this case!) too long you do slowly lose hammers from the build.

You can't queue up 4 knights to 1 turn and then switch civics. You can queue 1 up to turn 1, or you can queue multiple units up to 1 turn, and then switch them.

In pfo's post, I interpret "multiple units" to be "one unit each of multiple types", which is back to OP behavior.

Top Bottom