How to resize maps?

FiReFTW

Chieftain
I was wondering how can I resize maps?

For example I downloaded a map online of europe and don't want that huge part of russia I would like to cut that side of the map by like 10hexes, but I have no idea how to even open a map yet alone change that.

no easy way AFAIK.

WB maps are sqlite files, but the plot coordinates are stored using a plotID, not (x, y) column, so I can't think of an easy SQL command to crop a map.

YnAMP framework allows to set region of the map to play on, but I've not written a "how to" tutorial for that. The Giant Earth Map config file could be used as an example if you were to use the mod's map script format.

no easy way AFAIK.

WB maps are sqlite files, but the plot coordinates are stored using a plotID, not (x, y) column, so I can't think of an easy SQL command to crop a map.

YnAMP framework allows to set region of the map to play on, but I've not written a "how to" tutorial for that. The Giant Earth Map config file could be used as an example if you were to use the mod's map script format.

Ive been trying to use the Greatest Earth Map using the Europe part, and also using the custom and trying to set different combinations but I can't seem to get it right, id like to add a few more hexes to the africa part in the south and also shorten the eastern part with russia.

Tho one big reason I want to go a bit more south of africa is that only egypt spawns on it currently, could it also be possible to set different start locations to add like Numbia and Mali aswell in the Europe section of the map? Ive tried to do it using the Map xml in the greatest map folder and changing the start location coordinates but it doesn't seem to work (perhaps that only works on the full size map?)

Ive been trying to use the Greatest Earth Map using the Europe part
Do you mean the Giant Earth Map or the Largest Earth Map ?

There is no sub-region selection for the Greatest Earth Map (unless it was added by SeelingCat recently)

the Largest Earth, ok, then in the Config.xml file in "..\Maps\LargestEarthCustom" find
Code:
        <Row Key1="Map" Key2="LargestEarthCustom.lua" ParameterId="LargestEarthCustomEuropeStartY"         Name="LOC_MAP_STARTY_NAME"    Description="LOC_MAP_STARTY_DESCRIPTION"     Domain="text"      Visible="0"    DefaultValue="54"     ConfigurationGroup="Map" ConfigurationId="StartY"     GroupId="MapOptions" SortIndex="223"/>
and to get more land in the south change
Code:
DefaultValue="54"
to something lower, like
Code:
DefaultValue="44"

To get less land in the East, find that line:
Code:
        <Row Key1="Map" Key2="LargestEarthCustom.lua" ParameterId="LargestEarthCustomEuropeEndX"        Name="LOC_MAP_ENDX_NAME"    Description="LOC_MAP_ENDX_DESCRIPTION"        Domain="text"     Visible="0"    DefaultValue="64"     ConfigurationGroup="Map" ConfigurationId="EndX"        GroupId="MapOptions" SortIndex="224"/>

and change
Code:
DefaultValue="64"
to something lower.

IIRC you need to use even numbers.

When you try to change the TSL values in the Map.xml, always use the reference of the full map, the mod translate those values to the region you're using, you can launch it without crashing in the Worldbuilder.

And remember to keep copies of your files and modifications outside the mod's folder, as updates will erase them.

Top Bottom