1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to tell where a wonder has been built

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Kechos, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Kechos

Kechos Chieftain

So I'm currently playing as the Shoshone, trying to invade China. China has the Great Wall (surpise, surprise) and it's making life slightly more difficult, not to mention annoying. They've opened up to the point of offering cities for peace, and I was wondering if there was a way to tell which city has the Great Wall, to see if I could take that city and have a clearer shot at Beijing. I looked in the diplomacy tab and it doesn't say where. I know theres a mod that shows buildings in a city when you click on them (InfoAddict maybe?) but is there any way to see where it was built in vanilla Civ5?

2. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

Save and reload.

The GW will extend 5 tiles(maximum) out from the city it is built in. Or you could spy on Beijing as it is most likely built there. The spy will confirm or deny this.

For any other wonder you have to zoom right in and hope that the graphic for it isn't obscured. The art section of civfanatics has a post that shows screenshots of most wonders under construction/built.

3. Kechos

Kechos Chieftain

Thanks alot!

4. Sessy

Sessy Chieftain

I would still suggest zooming in, most of the time for early wonders like that you won't have a spy available to check the cap. But I don't think GW has any graphic for when it is being built.

5. phillipwyllie

The GW is the only wonder iirc that doesn't have an under construction graphic. although the OP is looking to capture it from Wu and wants to know what city it is in.

6. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Chieftain

Zoom into cities to find the wonder building. One of the exceptions to this is the great wall which might need a spy.

7. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

GW isn't the only exception. The Great Fiirewall has no city-level graphic.

8. Sessy

Sessy Chieftain

In the case where wonders don't have graphics while under construction, hubble space telescope is also like that afaik (it's also invisible after completion, for obvious reasons). In terms of capturing it, I think the capital is a good start, but there really is no way to know for sure unless you spy on it.

9. phillipwyllie

It has an in-game graphic

Civ5 - ingame wonder graphics

10. redwings1340

redwings1340 Chieftain

Unrelated, but I find it amusing that the great wall is located in one specific city.

It's probably in the capital though, unluckily for you.