Hurry or Age of Science

• Hurry

Votes: 48 96.0%
  • Age of Science

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
You deserve a gold star from your kindergarten teacher for that
I'm sure that he would want a glittering silver one. :p

A mod is going to arrive any time now...

By mod, originally I meant "moderator", but now it means "modified pack". (Or whatever it is supposed to be)

Whoa, someone got out on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

Noone doubts you, Arathorn, they're just confused about why their screen is telling them something else. There are a lot of patches and mods out there. Who knows what could happen...

The reason I ask what the real chances are of getting one was than I'm 3 techs from the ToE wonder. I was wondering wether to save the leader for that or chance getting another one and use this one for a happiness wonder.

Apparition: well, the reason I was posting in the first place was to ask why people were saying the Sci G/A didn't work. Arathorn (oddly enough!) was correct in his statements, if not his attitude. Even though the game says that there's additional beakers being created, they're really NOT. Even though it told me that my next discovery shifted up from five turns to four turns, it still took a full five turns for the discovery to take place.

Ah, by getting one I mean a leader. The reason I use the term "real chance" is because I get military leaders far more often than I'm offically supposed to. This is my first scientific leader.

* My new 3D card took me away from civ for a while *

jkp1187 deserves an apology from me. I'm sorry. You didn't deserve the flames I sent your way. I had some pent-up frustration from being right at work and not believed, and you got the brunt of it. You didn't deserve it.

It's not at all odd that I was right in my statements, though. I will sometimes make incorrect guesses but statements are always backed by fact. You'd do well in life to accept information from others without needing to verify everything yourself. It takes too long, believe me.

Arathorn

Always a hurry. I've not managed to get my science down to anything quicker than 4 turns as it is and when I first tried a scientific age it didn't make a bit of difference. So ever since I've always rushed. And rushing is COOOOOOL :cool:

Even if the scientific GA would work, it wouldn't bring you below 4 turns per tech...4 is the minimal research time you need regearless of generated beakers (the opposite are the 50 turns, in which you can get every tech, even if you only use a scientist for research).

I saved my leader and three techs later I rushed ToE. The other civs are just savages compared now.

I will always rush from now on, but the SGL does seem to work for Age of Stupidity. But perhaps it doesn't as jkp1187 states it says one thing, but come one or twos of a tech it frezzes so you have a few turns at three, two or one turns off. I wondered what that was all about.

I feel used...

Arathorn said:
jkp1187 deserves an apology from me.

'Sallright.

Shame about the SGLs, though.

Azrune: Yes, Arathorn was correct. In the example I posted above, everything LOOKED like extra beakers were generated, but the tech was discovered in the amount of time ORIGINALLY advertised, not in the speeded Scientific Golden Age time frame. This is very annoying.

Reading this clears something I had a while ago. All wonders were build so I started an AoS. Indeed everything looked like it was faster, but when I shifted the science rate to the point where I could make the most money with the fewest turns to go for discovery it failed completely. I adjusted it every turn, but never was it finished sooner.

Thanks for clearing this!

Top Bottom