1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hurry up and go already!

Discussion in 'CivRev - Multiplayer' started by fl0atfaced0wn, Jul 14, 2008.

1. civoholic

civoholic Warlord

Bonafide, just read the first ten posts, they say two things.

1. people are taking to long

2. noobs dont know how to play, so they take longer

2. eireksten

eireksten Protective/Organized

When people play the game, we shouldn't force extra rules upon them just because we play differently.

If a person actually needs some time to finish his turn, he should be allowed to take it. If it takes too long, the timer will take it to the next turn. If you have a problem with that, finish your turn early to get the clock started.

If you're worried that multiplayer games take too long because of this, I can assure you that is not the case. The time "lost" in the beginning of the game is more than made up for by the timer in the late game.

Of course, if he/she is stalling, that sucks. Still, you can't expect everyone to finish long before the clock runs out.

3. Nocterminus

Nocterminus Chieftain

Get some ritalin and try to enjoy the game. This game is like chess and some people like to analyze all of their options on their turn. This is not game meant to be lightening fast. If you want fast paced action play Unreal or something.

Why is it that people need to do everything so damn fast?

4. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Agreed :goodjob:

5. Endure

Endure Prince

Civoholic, you've proven that your the kind of immature, whinny kid bonafide is talking about.

If you don't have the patience to wait for others to finish their turns, civ rev MP clearly isn't for you.

Edit: This probably helps explain why your civ reviews are so bad.

6. shogun11

shogun11 Chieftain

I agree combat animations take to long . A off option on m/p would be pretty handy. The timer is a rule. You don't like the rules, play another game. If it can be abused it will be just like any other game .

7. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Today in a multiplayer game I knocked out two of the players early but I was rebuilding my military before I knocked out the last guy, but then I realized that he had been taking the full 60 seconds literally every turn, and then I noticed he hadn't been researching anything either (his tech count wasn't going up), and so I checked his profile and he was away for like 20 minutes before I noticed! I didn't want to quit since I was dominating so I decided I'd just invade him and take him out, but that took so long because i had to wait for a minute after every turn, he eventually came back after like an hour as my knights were taking out his capital, and then he left before I could finish him off... But the point is, if you're actually doing something to take the full 60 seconds it's one thing, but don't just leave the game on for the heck of it and go do something else!

8. tonycz

tonycz Chieftain

Ideally, you're right. Unfortunately, things happen in life. I've had it where I'm happily playing civ and the Mrs comes home asking for a lift carrrying the shopping in, so I had to help her bring it in and put it away, which took 10 minutes.

Some people have kids, so could be half way through a game and baby starts crying or wakes up or something.

What I'm trying to say is this is a long game to get through, and things happen in that time. If I've put 2 hours into a game I'm not going to quit if my Mrs wants help bringing the shopping in, I'm going to help her, leave the game running, and come back to it when I can.

9. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Yeah understandably but that's a different scenario, this was maybe 15 minutes into the game when the guy disappeared, and then he was gone for an hour!

10. Draknith

Draknith King

Well we know who wears the pants in your house... j/k

11. dwhee

dwhee Warlord

Yeah, I don't play much mp, but I'm pretty slow. You fellas ever heard of a time limit?

No but seriously, if you don't play with a time limit, then don't expect me to speed through my turns. And if you play with a time limit, expect me to use every second of it. Civ is not a speedy game, nor is any turn-based strategy game without a turn timer. Go play an RTS.