I don't like the blood effects

JBConquests

Prince
Hi all, I just tried this MOD and it looks very cool. However, I absolutely do not like the blood effects during combat. Is there a way I can turn that off?

There are a couple of ways to make them go away. The best would probably be to edit your CIV4EffectInfos.XML file in the BAT Mod 2.1\Assets\XML\Misc folder. Find the following code:
Code:
[B]<!-- Take out blood effects    Comment added by Lemon
[/B]
    <EffectInfo>
        <Type>EFFECT_BLOOD_THRUST</Type>
        <Description>Blood splatter effect</Description>
        <fScale>5.0</fScale>
        <fUpdateRate>1.0</fUpdateRate>
        <Path>Art/Effects/fx_sword_hit_thrust.nif</Path>
        <bIsProjectile>0</bIsProjectile>
    </EffectInfo>
    <EffectInfo>
        <Type>EFFECT_BLOOD_SLASH</Type>
        <Description>Blood spray effect</Description>
        <fScale>4.5</fScale>
        <fUpdateRate>1.0</fUpdateRate>
        <Path>Art/Effects/fx_sword_hit_slash.nif</Path>
        <bIsProjectile>0</bIsProjectile>
    </EffectInfo>

[B]No more blood -->[/B]

Use notepad, or something, and add the parts that are bolded (especially the <!-- and --> comment tags.), and save the file. That should do it. :)

I understand about the blood effects not being a good thing for everyone. With that in mind, I'm going to adjust the BAT installer that I'm working on to make those effects a selectable option.

BAT is meant to enhance your game so that you enjoy it more, not to make it so that your game causes you to be uncomfortable. :)

If you don't want blood, be friendly to your neighbours an go cultural or space.
Those who don't want to see blood but wage wars are like people who wouldn't harm any animal but are still eating meat every other day. Hypocrites :p

If you don't want blood, be friendly to your neighbours an go cultural or space.
Those who don't want to see blood but wage wars are like people who wouldn't harm any animal but are still eating meat every other day. Hypocrites :p
:lol:

I see your point.

However, I do understand the OP's. The nuclear explosion graphics make me uncomfortable for some reason, for example. I don't build or use many nukes for that reason. It's just a preference.

It doesn't mean that I'm going to give up the Tactical Nuke on my balcony any time soon, though. My neighbors need some kind of deterrent from having loud parties. :mischief:

There is a difference between having to tolerate the blood and reveling in it. If Lemon Merchant can make it so those of us that don't want to tolerate it don't have to then great! People who enjoy seeing the blood and whom revel in it are the ones killing animals because they enjoy seeing the pain they cause. :p

Top Bottom