I need some help. This will be my first

TownsendVol

Bringer of Justic & Hope
Civilization game I will have.

Im going to be completly new to the series so therefore I am going to be slow in learning how to play the game. Is there anyway to prepare for Civ.3? Is there anywhere to learn some of the rules, Icons, screens, what they do and what they mean?

You all just keep talking about all these things and I am lost. Is there anywhere I can get a base knowledge on the game before I get it?

Thanks.

Your best bet is to pick up a copy of Civ2 and try it out. While there look to be a lot of changes in Civ3, Civ2 is the reason some people seem to know more than you think they would.

TV -

Ah, I envy you. Learning the game is one of the best parts!

My best advice is to expect to get your butt kicked the first time or three that you play, and enjoy the process of learning all there is too learn.
The games are fairly complex, and keeping track of all the details is a skill that comes only with practice - it cannot be taught.
I recommend getting a game under your belt, and then checking some websites for tips & hints; they'll be helpful but you'll be best able to appreciate the help after you've had some experience.

I am very much looking forward to figuring out my new favorite tactics, units, improvements, resources, wonders and techs!

- Stravaig

Top Bottom