1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I will trade horse for the possbility to have the action icons with fixed places:-(

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Handel, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Handel

Handel Prince

I mean the icons are changing non-stop their places in the icon bar. I just clicked on all troops to move into enemy territory only to find out only couple axemen moved due to highly secretive reason the icons for "move all units of the same kind" and "move all units" went 1 step in right and down and I clicked on the wrong icon.
    It is the same with the workers etc. Even worse - there is a latency so often I click on the wrong icon when trying to click quickly.

2. Dr.Null

Dr.Null forIhavetastedthesushi

This is half the reason why I took the time to learn the keyboard commands.

The one that bugs me is the promotion button movement.

3. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Yeah, I learned some time ago that you just need to be patient when click unit buttons. Gotta wait a second with each click. Worst instances for me were attaching GG's for supermedics as I ended actually missing the medic promotion. I've done that more than once.

4. Scoottr

Scoottr Prince

Same issue as Lymond, I have to conciously slow down...click...wait while I watch the icons move around...wait a little more just in case....then start assigning the GG points to my Scout.

This is one of those scenarios where if I goof I will reload.

5. Mec AntiKythera

Mec AntiKythera King

A little target practie is required. Usually I am sending things off to "explore". Like workers . . .

6. jordiflor

jordiflor Chieftain

Not exactly the same... it was my mistake because buttons were in the same place: Yesterday it happened twice that I sent all 4 airships in a recon mission instead of moving them to their new base. :wallbash:

7. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Or entire stacks of military.

Thanks for that failaxis :rolleyes:. It's a shame that comparable UI issues exist in civ V.

8. Mec AntiKythera

Mec AntiKythera King

Or that. At least there is a fail safe "are you sure" when deleting units.

9. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Yep, my favorite. Moved the entire stack out of a city to explore leaving it defenseless to the enemy stack next to it. *sigh* And it was an MP game so there was no reloading to correct it.