ICBMs vs. Tactical nukes

If I understand right, ICBM's are more destructive, they have a 1 tile radius while tacticals only destroy the tile they hit. This would make tactical nukes indeed more tactical, as you could use them to destroy a stack of doom without destroying more than that stack of doom.

But I must add, i don't know, I never used them myself.

Sorry, Mas, but range is the only difference in use, the yield is the same, the tile of impact and the 8 surrounding.

the mushroom cloud is bigger, for ICBMs, and they cant move like tactical nukes can

I don't use Nuclear missiles unless the enemy does. But when I do use them I would probably have more ICBMs (Inter Continental Ballistic Missile) than tac nukes. Because the tac nukes might not be in the right spot at the time. But with ICBMs I can shoot anywere on the world.

On the subject of getting nuked, I made a mouse slip once and nuked my own territory with a tacnuke, without the other civs dogpiling on me, so you can nuke yourself without consequence (other than losing half a city at least). On the other hand, this was in an early patch of Vanilla (1.07 at that), way back when.

Yeah, I was furious with myself at my own carelessness. :aargh:

thats why i play archipelago, so my enemies are not sharing the same land mass as my civ

I know that ICBMs are destroyed from the stratgic mislle defense but are tacticle nukes affected by it?

I'm not sure but I think it's only ICBMs. However if tactical nukes wer'nt destroyed by SMD than all players could just nuke everything down :confused:.

Top Bottom