Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Yes I like the idea but....

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • No I dislike the idea

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters

Justinian519

Chieftain
I think that there should be elections in nations with universal sufferage or representation. The elections would be like every decade or so. They would only happen if there was a chance that you might lose the election. If you did lose a new leader with different traits. Also with any government except for police state there would be a chance for the leader to be deposed. This would only happen if the people were extremely unhappy. This is just and idea and more than likely needs to be worked with. Please post your ideas and suggestions.

No, The game has been designed that you are the ruler of this nation... simply you are the god... I think that losing election would be a tactic... when you think that you don't need the traits anymore and want the new ones. Maybe there are elections... but it is not your business... you're even higher than they are :)

Firstly, like Desert-Fox stated, this could be exploited so that when you no longer need your leaders traits you could lose an election and maybe get the traits you want. This completly removes the point of picking a leader in the first place.

Secondly, and probably most importantly, I really don't think this would actually offer anything to the game. Changing leaders isn't likely to do much to improve your nation, afterall, in the end, it is still you in charge at the end of the day.

It can be another challange for the player. For example, you need to keep your approval rating over a certain % in order not to loose.
It may also be realistic, seeing people not content with your rule and rebelling, uprising against you.
That time you either try to change civics (which would let's say end up with loss of population and money) or try to increase your approval (make peace, bring luxury resources, increase culture slider etc.)
In short, this idea would work only if you face the chance of losing the game immediately after youre overthrown. Or else, it will be an exploit.

They had this in Tropico and I hated it. After a while I denied my people their right to vote and began oppressing them, killing them, and locking them in the dungeon. There is no way to avoid an eventual dismissal of service. There was a mod a while back pertaining to this that a leader was randomly chosen based off time periods (since no one actually lives for 6050 years.) I cant rememeber the name but I will post it if I find it.

Top Bottom