[IDEA] New Terrain Improvements

RE Canals, I think a good way to limit them is by having a water tile proximity requirement of say 2 and can only build them in own your borders. That would stop most spam and only allow canals linking water bodies 4 hexs apart. As Machu Picchu has a 2 tiles of a mountain requirement i figure the mechanic is already there to build up from for canals.

RE Outposts, I love the idea but would personally allow new city founding/border pops to take control away from the outpost owner.

RE Canals, I think a good way to limit them is by having a water tile proximity requirement of say 2 and can only build them in own your borders. That would stop most spam and only allow canals linking water bodies 4 hexs apart. As Machu Picchu has a 2 tiles of a mountain requirement i figure the mechanic is already there to build up from for canals.

RE Outposts, I love the idea but would personally allow new city founding/border pops to take control away from the outpost owner.

Well, I think you should be able to put it in neutral territory and I really don't like limiting canals by length. The Erie canal is long, especially as far as canals go. It's a good 5-7 hour drive from one end to the other on the interstate that runs parallel.'

As for outposts, I almost think that should be a declaration of war if someone takes your outpost space. But then I guess that could get lame with people putting outposts all around your cities so that you can't grow....

the outposts would be hard to get if it was implemented or else it'll be too easy to grab luxuries far away.
must have a road PRE-built to where the outpost would be located at.
outposts cost upkeep money?
if the road is blocked by enemy unit the luxury provided would stop until the road is "clear" from enemy
luxuries connected via outpost cannot be traded/sold
they provide less happiness like 3 maybe?

and as someone mentioned, if someone's cultural border comesi n contact with the outpost, its "destroyed" so the new tile owner can build his own improvement.

otherwise half the cities i build would be useless cuz i'd just spam outpost instead of a city that'll only grow to 3pop and never produce anything but keeping my nation happier.

I'd love an outpost. I would want a garrison feature though, and a strict limit should be placed.

Rogue, way too many rules. Needs to be simple to be fun, or no one is going to want it.

I do like the road idea though. And the trade link should definitely be blocked. That would provide all the "limits" needed I think. That would make it tough/impossible to get resources too far out from your empire. And the cost of all those roads would be another major limiter. I think the road idea by itself is sufficient to keep it from getting too crazy. That combined with the fact that it gets taken over whenever an enemies culture takes it over would make people not use it for anything too crazy.

Scios, I like the garrison idea.

I'd want to be able to put a garrison into friends territory if you have a DoD withthem. Maybe be able to station 2-3 units and add a one tile ZoC in all directions.

Top Bottom