Ideas for Automatic Document Generator utility

Hi SpiderZord,

I tested it with PTW 1.21f and got those same errors as RufRydyr. If possible, would you hide the list of all the civs that we haven't made contact with because that may be too much of a spoiler. I am aware that it is possible at 4000BC to find out the complete list of all the civs via by the spaceship view, but I have never gone there until I think the AI are capable of building the spaceship). Thanks!

Originally posted by Moonsinger

We don't have to focus too much attention on the interface just yet. SpiderZord has done a super job so far.:goodjob: The interfece is nothing but like the icing decorative on the cake. First he must bake the cake and make sure that it bakes well and tastes great, then the next step would be to work on those icing decoration. Therefore, let's have a taste of this prototype to help SpiderZord fine tunning his recipe (like locating bugs and making sure the program getting the right set of data and so on).

Thanks for all your hard work SpiderZord.:) I will test run your program this weekend.

Thanks Moonsinger (& all that have posted with bugs)...

Moonsinger caught my intent & I should have been more specific - the current interface is not anywhere near what I envision the end product to be - just a means to double check the data being read by all versions before I get serious on the interface!

That noted, it looks like I still need a serious look at the non-PTW 1.21 versions ... :o I'll do another debug pass on my 'offset' function that handles all the different versions.

mad-bax & Iver-P - my problem not yours ;) I meant to post that the ini file should just be in the same directory as the executable. The ini contains the method by which the QSC score will be calculated - but it's still work in progress (and no documentation yet...)

ControlFreak - thanks for the comments - apart from the interface (or lack thereof ;) ), was the data listed correct? The only real interface item I was testing was the 'flash icon on goody hut discovery' behavior - did it work correctly? I didn't see anybody post on success/failure of that item..

RufRydyr - thanks for the bug report. I'll double check those items.

Moonsinger - sorry for the inadvertant spoiler.. :o
That brings up a good interface issue, which is to present the user with 'civ' pull down list containing only those tribes they have encountered... I guess I will present a list of all civs to pick from when it's time to I.D. your first contact with a particular tribe (a list of just the civs in the game is a *spoiler*) until I find them in memory. That brings up another point - that I should have requested testing on non-GOTM games (although I'm not sure you have time for anything else ;) ).

Bottom line... it looks like that was jumping the gun just a bit... :rolleyes:

I'm going to finish the data items & double check the different versions before I release another data check. Once the data looks good, then I should be close to releasing a real interface beta!

Again, thanks for patience & feedback!

SpiderZord (and Moonsinger) - Please don't take me wrong. I wasn't complaining about the interface, I knew it wasn't complete. I was just mentioning that I wasn't going to be able to give it a full run through in the GOTM because it would take too long to log my timeline both through PTL and my own methods. I think what you've given us is a huge step and I never meant to come across as whining.

As far as the goody huts, I never encountered any so I can't comment. As far as I can tell, I was getting the correct year and turns in PTW 1.21.

Thanks again, and :goodjob: on the bug handling!

Originally posted by RufRydyr
It would be cool to have an add screenshot button. When you press it, it changes the mouse cursor. Then you click on the map in the upper-left corner of your intended screenshot and drag a box to the lower-right corner. When you release the screenshot appears in the notes section and some options appear. Reduce by X percent, discard, keep.

From a old post ... I would rather keep this tool simple.

As for screenshot tool I use a freeware http://download.com.com/3000-2192-9628259.html?tag=lst-0-10

SpiderZoid -
CIV3 1.29f
I put PTL and the QSC in the same folder.
Still the same errors.

Originally posted by Iver-P
SpiderZoid -
CIV3 1.29f
I put PTL and the QSC in the same folder.
Still the same errors.

Sorry Iver-P - that problem is on my end...:crazyeye:

I'm finishing the data items (I found the flags for contacts BTW!) and I'll double check the offsets for all versions before the next 'data check' release... stay tuned! Thanks for the report.

ControlFreak - I didn't think you were complaining...but I do hear popcorn popping in the background :D

Everyone cross you fingers for me - I have to report for jury duty tomorrow - maybe I won't get chosen... they would probably frown on programming PTL on my notebook during the trial! :)

Can't you apply for an exemption. You being the sole provider of PTL for the whole GOTM community is a great excuse.:lol:

How was Colorado?

Originally posted by ControlFreak
Can't you apply for an exemption. You being the sole provider of PTL for the whole GOTM community is a great excuse.:lol:

How was Colorado?

The judge wasn't buying it... round 2 next monday. :rolleyes:

Colorado was/is always a great place to visit. My nephew rolled in his first birthday with a bang. :bday:

We didn't have time to squeeze in any hiking, but there's always next time...

Still fishing for techs known in memory... I know it's going to :splat: at some point. ;)

FINALLY!!! With some much needed help from ainwood :splat: I have located the memory pointer for techs known by each tribe! [dance] :beer:
That took much longer than I was expecting... but less than an hour after consulting with ainwood... :D
Thank you ainwood - you quite possibly saved what's left of my mind :goodjob: :D

Check off another major PTL data hurdle... ;)

[party] :band:

Hooray for Ainwood:grad: :scan:

Are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet...:)

Hi all,

just wanted to inform you all that I got contacted by Spiderzord a couple of days ago to help out with VB and the interface. I haven't heard of him since and in about a week and a half I'll have seas of time. Spiderzord, if you're reading this, feel free to PM me with more info.

Greetings Jurimax:scan:

RufRyder - they settled out of court ... :D

PTL Status
I have been very busy getting the PTL ducks in a row. I just sent version 1.4 to cracker - that version (hopefully) has what he needs to aid the staff in scoring this month - including using the qsc.ini settings & the ability to export the score details to a text file.

Now I can double check the offsets for the other game versions and .... finally code the interface. Thanks to those I solicited for help on the interface - my tee ball coaching season is about to wrap up, so my PTL time is increasing! I have had the interface details & ideas bouncing around in my head for a while - so I'm going to take the first crack before I call in help. ;)

Thanks again for your patience! Look for Beta - dare I say it? - to test with next month's game... :)

Originally posted by RufRydyr

:crazyeye: I'm looking. Where is it???

:o Sorry RufRyder - that wasn't very clear... I meant the public beta will be released soon. The new version was for GOTM staff testing. I'm working now on the interface ... :)

I have actively asked Spiderzord to hold off on a full public Beta release here while we sort out the techincal details of what the PTL software does internally.

We will be distributing the Alpha version of PTL to all the GOTM staff members as well as the experienced profiled players and some of our more experienced QSC submitters so that we can make sure that we get the functional parts of the software working correctly.

At first glance, this is a fantastic resource that spiderzord has crafted for us but at this time none of the human interface pieces are working yet and we are testing and working out version compatibility issues.

Let's be patient for another 10 to 14 days and I think you will all be in awe of the power of the tool that you are about to be given.

One thing that Spiderzord has implemented is the ability for you as the user to actuall set up your own scoring systems for your own games based on the basic QSC scoring framework. If all this is working properly you will be able to get a turn by turn accounting of your QSC score progression as well as to define specific game concepts that emphasize specific goals such as GNP comparison or military/naval power attainment.

Let us not rush to the public Beta too quickly because this will take away resources from getting you the tools that you really want and need.

(Ruf, you'd already have your staff copy of the tool if I had not been here posting this message summarizing what is going on. ;) )

I'm also looking forward to a version completely compatible with 1.29f. This will hopefully keep me from forgetting my log for the QSC. I've finished my evening school last wednesday, so next month I'll finally be able to play again.

Greetings Jurimax

PTL v1.6 is being tested... Thanks for your patience!

Screen Shot of PTL w/queue window open

:)

[edit]- the text boxes across the top are:

1) Active items in queue
2) Turn/Year (obviously, but pointed out for those who will never read the readme.txt) :lol:
3) Score (calculated using the qsc.ini file settings)

Also - the CustomQP menu shown at the top of the QuickPicks list will be removed... all of the menus will be customizable & read from a file that could be shared. The QP menu works like this:
1) Item clicked on in queue activates the first menu by context
2) Menu will be filled with 'smart' choices for easy documentation of that event, with a single click to copy and paste entry to notefield at the current cursor location - or switching to another menu (those entries with {} brackets).

Top Bottom