[R&F] IDs for Terrain and a Question

riesscar

Chieftain
Greetings,

I have just returned to the Civilization series. I was an avid modder of CIV4, but I find the file structure, use of sql and lua to be quite complicated. Firstly, here is my question:

Is there a way to take a .lua map script (I.e. ynaep giant earth) and convert it to a Worldbuilder format? I have been finding a lot of useful commands throughout the game files and mods I have installed, but I can’t seem to find a command for this.

As a result, I’ve taken to adding resources that are scarce or not on the ynaep map in order to identify the X and Y coordinates that I wish to alter. Then, I use the ‘exportmap()’ function from within firetuner in order to export the new .lua code. By comparing the original map script with the modded one, I am able to identify the coordinates and then manually edit the .lua to implement the changes on the relevant tile. I’ve run into an annoying issue, though: I have no list of resource or feature IDs to do so. The IDs are different than in CIV5.

I managed to deduce the terrain IDs:

0 Grass
1. Grass Hill
2. Grass Mountain
3. Plains
4. Plains Hill
5. Plains Mountain
6. Desert
7. Desert Hill
8. Desert Mountain
9. Tundra
10. Tundra Hill
11. Tundra Mountain
12. Snow
13. Snow Hill
14. Snow Mountain
15. Coast
16. Ocean

Is there a place where I can find all of these sorts of map script IDs? I found some of them in Gedemon’s comments within a file in his Mod, but the list was not complete or up to date (RandF).

Thanks for any info on this.

it's not "safe" to work with IDs as they may be changed by mods, I should have used types name instead of IDs.

Converting the code for that is in my long todo list for my mods...

If you want to get them for the base game and R&F without mods, check the database using a SQL tool (there is a tutorial in the corresponding section), the in game ID is the database row ID minus 1.

Note that you can open any of YnAMP maps in the hidden worldbuilder then save them. just don't ask me how to load a civ6map into the game, I've never tried that as I don't need to for my use.

it's not "safe" to work with IDs as they may be changed by mods, I should have used types name instead of IDs.

Converting the code for that is in my long todo list for my mods...

If you want to get them for the base game and R&F without mods, check the database using a SQL tool (there is a tutorial in the corresponding section), the in game ID is the database row ID minus 1.

Note that you can open any of YnAMP maps in the hidden worldbuilder then save them. just don't ask me how to load a civ6map into the game, I've never tried that as I don't need to for my use.

Thanks for the info! Where is the “hidden” world builder? Do you mean the one which we can enable by changing the Boolean to 1? If so, it searches for maps with a different extension... it doesn’t see the maps within the ynaep folders, I assume because they are in .lua format.

Thanks for the info! Where is the “hidden” world builder? Do you mean the one which we can enable by changing the Boolean to 1? If so, it searches for maps with a different extension... it doesn’t see the maps within the ynaep folders, I assume because they are in .lua format.
yes that one.

select "new map" to be able to launch it with one of the existing scripts (YnAMP maps are scripts)

Top Bottom