If horsemen get nerfed

If horsemen get nerfed, how should they be de-powered?

• Total voters
I'm predicting -1 ST and -25% against cities. They will still be strong in the open field, but no longer so crazy.

If this is the case I think they'll still rule wars when coupled with Honor.

I'm predicting -1 ST and -25% against cities. They will still be strong in the open field, but no longer so crazy.

If this is the case I think they'll still rule wars when coupled with Honor.

This is what I'm hoping for. They should remain fast, because knights will always be at -1 to horsemen. They will still be VERY useful, but we (hopefully) will be forced to build other units to take cities.

I don't like the idea that 4 horsemen can conquer the world, where's the fun in that?

(I know it takes at least 5, but couldn't resist the biblical reference)

I dont think horsemen need a nerf. Here is my take. Ive played plenty of games online. I am not a noob.

Let me do a horsemen vs ____

Chariots dont upgrade to horsemen. Basically horsemen need to be produced as soon as you get tech. But with iron working. You can upgrade warriors as soon as you get iron. It only cost 60 gold too. This alone makes iron well worth it. Unless there is no iron on the map which would be bad luck.

Horses also have a counter. Spearmen.

HOrses tech path to knights is longer than going to longswords or pikemen.

If you want a better balance make swords stronger. Make them 12 and legions 14. But than again since swords dont have a real counter the game is pretty balanced.

Online if someone swarms with horses. With Oligarchy spears and archers are all you need.

Heres a simple formation. Spear sword sword spear
Arhcer Archer

The spears will stop flanks from fast mounted units.

Top Bottom