If your old PC cannot survive the year 1808 in which both Mexico and Argentina spawn, change one of their spawn year

xijinping

Chieftain
I figure the algorithms that reassigns flipped-over cities's treade routes needs some rework and currently when two civs spawning at same time makes that turn overly laggy and collapse often, which is the year of AD 1808 when Mexico and Argentina both spawns. My CPUs are AMD 6800h and intel 7700 desktop, either is strong enough to be not supposed to suffer and collapse this often.

If you are suffering from the same issue, try changing either Mexico or Argentina's spawn year to the next turn. The file is located at: \Assets\Python\Consts.py line 363.

That's some good advice and an easy way to fix the issue if needed. My PC is around 7 years old so not much risk of a CTD although that particular turn tends to take around 8 minutes to complete.

That's some good advice and an easy way to fix the issue if needed. My PC is around 7 years old so not much risk of a CTD although that particular turn tends to take around 8 minutes to complete.
Be careful upgrading to 1.70. 1.16.7 The earlier versions were serviceable on my more recent PCs but since 1.70 it became much slower.

Last edited:
how come 1.17 makes the game slower?

1.17 hasn't even been released yet so it's probably caused by you torrenting the game from the future.

I absolutely hate when i torrent a game from the future instead of the present.:lol:

Top Bottom