Im about to throw this game out of the window if.......

immortals84

The Mark
Im about to throw this game out the window, I thought the patch was supposed to prevent a load error!

I had saved a file with alot of new units added, and I was playing the scenario for about 3 days, then today I tried to load the saved game and I get a:

ERROR READING: "Scenarios\..\Conquests\My mod\Text\PediaIcons.txt:T

What the hell is that T.

I treid to load the regular game (not the saved game this time) and it worked. Is the saved game corrupted?

HELP! Im tired of this game waisting my time!:mad: :mad: :mad:

oh yeh and the error is specified as a missing entry.

That error message means that you have added something (Race, Technology, government, Etc.) and have it linked improperly. How to fix it depends on exactly what it is you added.

As a side note this probably belongs in the Creation & Customization forum.

I thought it to be a technical problem, maybe more people will probably look at it in that forum though.

Hey moderator, can you move this thread to the Creation and Customization forum please?

Does that T stand for type then?

Thanks Padma.

Sorry, I was a bit aggitated in my first post. I looked at the text, ive only added units and a few resources. I cant find whats wrong. The load error came around the beginning of the middle ages, only a few civs other than me had already advanced.

Hey moderator, sorry to bother you again, but can I attach the text file so that maybe someone could help me find what im missing?

If there is an improper link, I can see it, I just dont know its there.

where do i attach the file if its to big.

ok i got it its in the uploads6 file. If anyone wants to download the corrisponding mod just let me know, but beware its 107 mb.

Have you checked in the .biq file? If you misspelled something there it will cause errors similar to that. Also, check the tech you are/have just finished researching and check what is linked to it. That might help narrow it down but realise that if the AI beats you to a tech and builds something it can do the same thing.

.biq file?

Is feudalism in the pedia icons tech supposed to be:
#TECH_Feudalism
Art\tech chooser\Icons\24-Feudalism-small.pcx

or

#TECH_Feudalism
Art\tech chooser\Icons\Feudalism-small.pcx

?

I tried to change that because civ conquests has the bottom one but regular civ has the top one.................?

Oh by the way thanks for your time.

In the scenario file, check the units and resources that come available with fuedalism. If you are going to run it in conquests or it started in conquests then leave it the bottom one. Also, when adding a unit there are two entries in the pediaicon.txt first is the icon and second the animation:

#PRTO_ICON_(Name of Unit)
art\civilopedia\icons\units\(iconname) <--large icon
art\civilopedia\icons\units\(iconname) <--small icon

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_(Name of Unit)
(Name of Animation file: name.ini)

Without both it won't work.

But if those were not correct the load error would tell you,

My load error says
Missing entry in scenarios"Scenarios\..\conquests\My mod\pediaicons.txt.: T

Im thinking that there may be an extra line added somewhere, all of the unit icon text is correct, and if wasnt than the game would tell me that this unit entry cannot be found.

One of your technologies, units, buildings or wonders in your "CivIIIedit" you listed it's civilopedia entry as "T". Now the engine is looking for the entry in your pediaicons.txt for what file it should use to portray this "T", But obviously there is no such entry, either in your pediaicons.txt or civilopedia.

Could it be that the error report could not fit the whole name of the missing entry so it just put "T" say instead of "Temple"

I did add resources but all of them are ok, and everything in the editor had a proper civilopedia entry.

In the scenario search folder in scenario properties for C3C edit I had added about 4 other folders to search threw for reference, would the engine search threw those folders?

I fixed all of the typos in my pediaicons text but the saved game still wont load.

Could anything in the ini files cause this error? Say if the entry for a swordsman wave was "T"?

Once again thanks for staying with me.

I cant figure out why it still cant load though, I fixed everthing I saw, but it doesnt look like an out of sync error.

So about the "T", like i asked, could it be that the error message couldnt fit (lets say Temple) so it said "T" instead

No the message will always display the entire end of the message, at the cost of the middle. The other possibility is that one of your pediaicon.txt entries says "T", when it should say, "The_Great_Library_Small.pcx", for example.

Top Bottom