• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

I'm ANCIENT!!!

PunisheR2404, your science pace completely depends on how much gold you can put into research. In your F1 menu you can see how much you are putting into research; and in your city menu you can see how much gold is being put into science research (the beaker icon) for that particular city. If you have 80 or worse corruption(see F1 menu) you should definitely switch government away from despotism, probably to Monarchy since you are militaristic. You can also raise/lower science funding in the F1 menu. Make sure you have a library and university in all the cities within ~14 tiles of your capital. Rivers add +1 gold to a tile. Roads add +1 gold to a tile. In your top research city, consider trying to put Copernicus observatory and/or Newtons University when available.

two main things,
pump sci early, grab luxuries, build roads (helps money and science), and trade like a bandit!! basic rules are, toss up your world map to other civ's and see what they give you, you'd be surprised. also i fully agree with someone else who sold off excess luxuries for cash.. another great use for luxuries is luring other civ's to go to war for you. saved my ass more than a few times because on monarch i've never been able to outclass the ai sufficiently enough before military tradition to not have to play them against each other.

the sci's that i always try to go for first...
iron working, map making, literature, republic, chivalry, military tradition, STEAM POWER, nationalism, replaceable parts, scientific method, electronics, and finally the mad ball buster that will drive the ai mad-BIG FAT FKING TANKS (oh yeah and big fat fking artillery) ie motorola transportacion (that's motorized transportation to you buster)...

Top Bottom