In defense of long unit production times

Actually teaching the AI about right choices for what to build is one of the easier parts when it comes to AI. It is a typical min-max problem, so computers are really good at solving it. Just take a look at Vox Populi - valuation procedures and choices the AI makes are insanely good. The sad part is that it was done by modders, not Firaxis.

Yes, I was more thinking of a) that the AI doesn't tweak its own production times to get the thing when you really need it or one turn before and b) the AI doesn't change its production once its locked in (I assume), whereas a human player would switch to building an archer and focus on production when attacked. The AI would put an archer in the queue after the wonder it's currently building. No?

This is the type of "out of the box" thinking I hope the development team engages in prior to Civ 7.

Thank you :) That said, my comment wasn't thought through to the end, but we always have discussions on how the food production in civ is local which doesn't make sense past the ancient era and thus I do feel like there's potential for reform in the direction of an even more streamlined game there.

Top Bottom