Increased Post-Industrial Era Length

Zerkeras

Chieftain
Hey guys. I've made a simple little mod. It just increases the science cost requirement for all technologies starting from the beginning of the Modern Era.

I don't know if there's a lot of appeal for it, but I decided to make it since I've noticed that the rate at which you get techs gets increasingly faster by this point in the game. This makes sense, as that's how it happened in the real world, but in-game I don't care for it. Basically because early on, it takes a long time to get better military units, and when you do they're only slightly better. By end-game, there's a more stark difference between the different units, like between the three forms of infantry.

Additionally, I've found I rarely even produce any of the great-war era units because you advance to the WWII era units pretty soon afterward, even when using the Slo-mo science mods (I use 160% slower research). This mod increases the amount of time you use each of the middle-end game units, thus promoting you to actually produce a more balanced amount of each of the many 20th century era units.

I don't think the mod will work properly with BNW, but it should work for Gods and Kings if you want to use it. Link below. I can add it to the steam workshop if there's demand for it.

http://tinyurl.com/mxdecv8

Top Bottom