Independence Without Independence Victory

Jarlaxe Baenre

Emperor
It's only possible to declare independence if one of the enabled victories has Revolution as a condition. However, if that's the case, then that victory occurs as soon as the revolution is over, even if there are other conditions.

In CvTeam.cpp, under bool CvTeam::canDoRevolution() const, it checks to see if you can start a revolution. I think changing if (!bRevolution) from return false to return true would allow revolutions even without independence victory on.

Tried to do this myself in RaR, since they include the dll right there, but ran into problems with visual basic right away and didn't know how to proceed. I think this change could open up more options and allow for expansion of the late game.

Same. I would love to see independance (including peaceful secession discussed elsewhere) be a function that doesn't necessarily end the game.

And mr Baenre, arent you missing an "L" from your first name?

Play to win, (and if so, win what?)
or just to play.

I want also to play longer after sucsessfull independance.
So , what should i change where?

The workaround I'm using right now is, when I want to declare independence, changing whatever victory I've got enabled (Domination) in CIV4VictoryInfo.xml from <bRevolution>0</bRevolution> to 1. That allows you to declare independence. Then, before winning the war, I change it back.

And mr Baenre, arent you missing an "L" from your first name?

Yep. Oversight. But it's a bit too late to change it.

I have Independence as only win-condition , but after i will have it , i want to play longer ,just play...

The next time you play just untick ALL victory conditions and you can play for as long as you want.

I might be wrong but i thought you can carry on after winning anyway.

I always hated the Independence War, cause it feels so unlike the rest of the game. I would love a peaceful way to reach independence and then keep playing as long as I want.

Then there's the problem though that the options for a constitution suck: There is for example never really a reason you wouldn't choose monarchy over democracy or slaves over all men are free. I wish those options really gave you interesting choices.

It's even worse for the AI, it chooses its civics based on a random dice roll and the AIWeight (set haphazardly by someone, somewhere in time), hilarious, I know :p

There's already a ticket for a victory condition that is very similar: "New victory level - Dominion Status" https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/issues/215

[OFF]
Yep. Oversight. But it's a bit too late to change it.
You can always ask the admins to change it if your desired nick name is still free.
I know because I did the same. My former nick was "Sogroon" and although I could not pick "Nexus" (someone took it already) I am happy with "Zeta Nexus" too.
[/OFF]

Top Bottom