1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Independence Without Independence Victory

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Jarlaxe Baenre, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Chieftain

It's only possible to declare independence if one of the enabled victories has Revolution as a condition. However, if that's the case, then that victory occurs as soon as the revolution is over, even if there are other conditions.

In CvTeam.cpp, under bool CvTeam::canDoRevolution() const, it checks to see if you can start a revolution. I think changing if (!bRevolution) from return false to return true would allow revolutions even without independence victory on.

Tried to do this myself in RaR, since they include the dll right there, but ran into problems with visual basic right away and didn't know how to proceed. I think this change could open up more options and allow for expansion of the late game.

2. CptBadger

CptBadger Chieftain

Same. I would love to see independance (including peaceful secession discussed elsewhere) be a function that doesn't necessarily end the game.

And mr Baenre, arent you missing an "L" from your first name?

3. TaylorItaly

TaylorItaly Chieftain

I want also to play longer after sucsessfull independance.
    So , what should i change where?

4. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Play to win, (and if so, win what?)
    or just to play.

5. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Chieftain

The workaround I'm using right now is, when I want to declare independence, changing whatever victory I've got enabled (Domination) in CIV4VictoryInfo.xml from <bRevolution>0</bRevolution> to 1. That allows you to declare independence. Then, before winning the war, I change it back.

Yep. Oversight. But it's a bit too late to change it.

CptBadger likes this.
  6. TaylorItaly

TaylorItaly Chieftain

I have Independence as only win-condition , but after i will have it , i want to play longer ,just play...

7. FaarmAnimal

FaarmAnimal Chieftain

The next time you play just untick ALL victory conditions and you can play for as long as you want.

I might be wrong but i thought you can carry on after winning anyway.

8. TaylorItaly

TaylorItaly Chieftain

But if i untick all , i can not declare independence.
    In my actual game , i try what Jarlaxe suggested....