1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Industrial Events

Discussion in '[MAC+WIN] Civ4 - History Rewritten' started by Civ4Gandalf13, Aug 19, 2019.

  1. Civ4Gandalf13

    Civ4Gandalf13 Warlord

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2015
    Messages:
    116
    The game has some events relative to industry. As this aspect of the game is extremely important, I have developed these ideas over the last few decades playing Civ. As with my previous proposed Events, many are based on actual events in the real world. Some of them I was able to use in Civ by using manual techniques and World Builder. So, I suggest the following list of additional events.

    A large vein of industrial diamonds, important for making machine tools, has been found at a Gems Mine near [City]. Gain three Gold in tile.

    A huge vein of Lead has been found at a Mine near [City]. [Country] has become the leading producer of Lead in the world. Gain two Gold in tile.

    A huge vein of Zinc has been found at a Mine near [City]. [Country] has become the leading producer of Zinc in the world. Gain two Gold in tile.

    A huge vein of Nickel has been found at a Mine near [City]. [Country] has become the leading producer of Nickel in the world. Gain two Gold in tile.

    A large vein of Black Onyx has been found at a quarry near [City]. Gain one Gold in tile.

    A large vein of Rose Quartz has been found at a quarry near [City]. Gain one Gold in tile.

    A large vein of Green Empress Marble has been found at a Marble Quarry near [City]. Gain two Gold in tile.

    A large vein of Tungsten, a valuable metal for making machine tools and armor piercing ammunition, has been found in the mine near [City]. All AT Missile units produced in [Country] start with Ambush promotion.

    A super tanker has become grounded on the reef off the coast of [City]. A disastrous oil spill has occurred. Lose all production in all Ocean tiles for ten turns. 33% chance lose each Fish/Shellfish/Crab/OystersPearls resource within City radius.

    A railroad chemical tanker has derailed and exploded outside of [City]. Poisonous fumes are spreading into [City]. All production in [City]’s radius stops for four turns. Lose one population in [City]. Any agriculture (farm/orchard/plantation/pasture) in tile is destroyed. Any animal/food resource in tile is lost. (MUST have railroad in tile) (Event may be repeated)

    An off shore platform off the coast of [City] has exploded. Lose all production in all Ocean tiles in [City]’s radius for ten turns. 33% chance lose each Fish/Shellfish/Crab/OysterPearls resource within [City]’s radius. 67% chance lose Oil/Gas resource in tile. (MUST have off shore platform in tile)

    A [Meat Factory] in [City] has been discovered to have shipped meat contaminated with E Coli. A massive recall has been mounted. Lose all production (Food and Commerce) from the [Meat Factory] for four turns. (Event may be repeated)

    A [Fish Factory] in [City] has been discovered to have shipped contaminated seafood causing an outbreak of anisakiasis. A recall has occurred. Lose all production (Food and Commerce) from the [Fish Factory] for four turns. (Event may be repeated)

    A chicken farmer in [City] has developed a new breed of chicken that produces more and larger eggs. Gain two Food Points in [City].

    A dairy farmer in [City] has developed a new breed of cow that produces more milk. Gain two Food Points in [City].

    A Pharmaceutical Factory in [City] has developed a new and nonaddictive pain killer which is considered a miracle medicine. Gain three Commerce Points in [City].

    An outbreak of Red Tide has occurred off the coast of [City]. All production in Ocean tiles within [City]’s radius stops for four turns. (Event may be repeated)

    A Fireworks Factory in [City] has exploded. A number of people have been injured. An upcoming holiday celebration in [City] must be cancelled. Suffer one Unhappy Face in [City] for one turn.

    A Gunpowder Mill in [City] has exploded. Many people have been killed and injured. This has serious implications for our military. All production of gunpowder units stopped/delayed for four turns in [Country].

    An industrialist in [City] has developed a revolutionary new production technique of building submarines using modular components. All submarines built at the Naval Yard in [City] are completed in half the required time. ([City] MUST have Naval Shipyard and at least one Submarine)

    An industrialist in [City] has developed a more efficient method of smelting at the Iron Works in [City]. Gain two Production Points at the Iron Works. ([City] MUST have Iron Works)

    The Factory in [City] is experiencing a strike due to low wages and dangerous working conditions. Lose all production at the Factory for four turns. ([City] MUST have Factory) (Event may be repeated)

    The miners at the Coal Mine in [City] are striking due to poor health benefits and dangerous working conditions. Lose all production at the Coal Mine for four turns. (MUST have Coal Mine in [City]’s radius) (Event may be repeated)

    A huge fire has occurred at the Refinery in [City] which has spread. Lose 1-4x buildings and the Refinery is destroyed. {MUST have Refinery in [City])

    The Coal Plant in [City] has been releasing huge amounts of soot and pollution into the air causing many people to become ill. Add one Pollution Point to the Coal Plant. (MUST have Coal Plant in [City]).

    Massive rains have occurred in [City]. The Hydro Power Plant in [City] has been destroyed by flooding.

    While a Nuclear Power Plant is being constructed in [City], numerous protests have occurred. Suffer one Unhappy Face in [City} until the Nuclear Power Plant has been built. (Nuclear Power Plant must be being built in [City]. (Event maybe repeated)

    Massive rains have occurred in [City]. The Hydro Power Plant in [City] has been destroyed by flooding. (MUST have Hydro Power Plant in [City])

    A lightning strike has hit the power plant in [City]. Power for [City] has been stopped. Lose the power pant. (MUST have any type of power plant in [City])

    An airliner that has just taken off from the Airport in [City] has struck a flock of birds causing all engines to fail. Pilot made heroic landing in the river saving all the passengers and crew.
    (MUST have Airport in City and river in [City]’s radius)

    A bridge over the river in [City]’s radius has failed, resulting in many people being killed when their cars fell into the river. Failing public infrastructure has created a scandal.
    1) Place responsibility for the problem on the municipalities. Bridges continue to fail with many deaths. Suffer one Unhappy Face in all cities for ten turns. (Event may repeat if this option is selected)
    2) Provide grants to the municipalities to help repair degenerating infrastructure. Pay 200x Gold. The public is mollified but the problem remains.
    3) Publicly announce a major change in national policy to upgrade the infrastructure in [Country]. Pay 800x Gold to pay for the upgrades. Gain two Happy Faces in all cities for four turns.
    (MUST have Infrastructure)

    A new huge ocean liner advertised to be unsinkable has been sunk after striking an iceberg with the loss of most of the passengers including the women and children because of the lack of lifeboats. The public is in shock. The tragedy has resulted in legislation mandating a minimum number of lifeboats on all cruise ships. Suffer one Unhappy Face for one turn in all cities. (MUST occur in Industrial Era and [City] MUST have Shipyard)

    Thoughts or comments?
     
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019

Share This Page