• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

info box : the numbers

gervond

Chieftain
Hi,

(since the search engine has been blocked)

The numbers in the info box (behind the government type) what do they mean ?

Thx
Gervond

They are the tax, science, and luxury rates, in 10% increments. The numbers should add up to 10, which is 100%.

Example 4.6.0 is 40% tax rate, 60% science rate, and 0% luxury rate.

Hi my guestion is about the info box too so I hope no one is offended posting it here rather than in new thread.

What is that big yellow dot in info box? (in upper left corner)
Something to do with espionage since it appears soon after it is discovered.

Is the forum search option disabled until the upgrade?

Thanks

It appears when some Civ discovers industrialization (I think) but what it does is that it shows you the amount of global warming from pollution, when it gets red and orange things are getting pretty dirty around the world.

"It appears when some Civ discovers industrialization (I think)" --- Sabo 10

Yeah, it is either then, or if you discover Sanitation...(i think) :p

Actually, I think the 'global warming' sun is keyed to the onset of the potential foir global warming.

On that basis it would be logical for it to appear when the first 'pollution triangle' appears in any city in the world - which means when a city gets to population 13 anywhere in the world, or a city has a factory built. That, I think, is why people are saying 'sanitation' or 'industrialisation'. WHile I have not tried it, I suspect you could get to the end of the tech tree and never see the yellow sun, if nobody did anything that polluted.

Yep, it could appear as early as Steam Power if you built Iron Works right away. If you want to get all the way through the end of the tech tree without the sun ever appearing, you have to remember not to build any of the buildings that produce pollution, like research labs/airports, offshore platforms, commercial docks in PTW, etc. (And kill most of the AI, so they don't build hospitals/factories).

In one game, I milked to 2050 A.D., I would have had no pollution, but I forgot about Iron Works producing pollution, so I went ahead and built a hospital in one city that needed it, since the 'green milk' was already screwed up.

Top Bottom