1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Install for 319 doesn't work

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by Movel, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Movel

Movel Chieftain

I've been trying to download patch 319 for a while. What happens when I start it is that it uninstalls civ 4, then if I start it again in reinstalls civ 4, as far as I know it doesn't mess anything up other than remove saves. I have tried it without my anti-virus on running it as administrator. I even have tried getting the patch from multiple sources. I don't know whether or not this has been covered in other posts, but as far as I know it hasn't been recently.
    btw I'm using Civilization 4 complete and I have windows 7

2. cseanny

cseanny Emperor

Uninstall and restart.

When re-installing be sure to start the process by going to properties > compatibility > check run this program in compatibility mode for (Windows XP) > run as Administrator. Civ 4 complete comes with Patch 3.13 so you'll need to Patch 3.17 http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9800

and then Patch 3.19 but don't use Civfanatics link/patch. Instead, use this one: http://civilized.de/www/content/civ4/binaries/Civ4BeyondTheSwordPatch3.19.exe

Be sure to update each patch using the same method used to install the game and you should be good to go.

3. Movel

Movel Chieftain

I discovered in the process of doing what you said to do, that after I tried it(it didn't work)I was going to try it again to see if I missed anything I needed to do, and I discovered that the uninstall(by going into the control panel) doesn't uninstall the actual data of the game, just the saves, replays, etc. Would this have anything to do with why the patch didn't work?

4. cseanny

cseanny Emperor

I'd only be guessing if I told you it did or didn't have an impact on making your install successful. However, in my experience with this and other games I've always done a complete uninstall, which in this case would be control panel > uninstall > everything > then back to program files and delete the folders too and then reboot.

When you're doing your re-install and are back at your AmazonIcon download that probably looks like this > Sid_Meiers_Civilization_IV_The_Complete_Edition_Downloader this is where you need to go to properties > compatibility > etc etc.

Hope this helps.

5. Movel

Movel Chieftain

Thank you, it worked.

6. cseanny

cseanny Emperor