Installing RFC-Europe (and other RFC modmods) with Steam

Mxzs

Prince
I am having problems adding the mod (and other RFC mods) to my Steam Civ IV set up. I found an old post in this forum that suggested that these mods should work, but I'm getting crashes.

I am on a Macintosh, running OSX 10.7.5, and because I lost my old Civ IV for Mac disks I bought the games again through Steam. I downloaded RFC Europe from SourceForge and placed it in Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/Beyond the Sword/Mods (alongside RFC and AFterworld and FFH and all the other mods). I tried launching.

The game launched okay, and the "Load a Mod" screen displayed RFCEurope as a choice, so I assumed I put it in the right place. I selected it, and it started to load okay, but then a bunch of XML loading errors appeared, e.g.:

XML Load Error

Failed Loading XML file xml/text/civ4gametext_rfce_buildings.xml. [/AspyrBuild/depot/Civ4/Source BTS/Win/FirePlace/FireWorks/Win32/FXml.cpp:140]
Error parsing XML File –

File: xml/text/civ4gametext_rfce_buildings.xml
Reason: (null)
Line: 0,0
Source: (null)

That was only one of them. Other errors referenced files for civilizations and leaders and units and corporations. Then the program ceases to respond and I had to force quit out of it.

Similar errors afflicted RFC Rand when I tried it.

The xml files referenced seem to be where they are supposed to be. E.g. RFCEurope/Assets/XML/Text contains a bunch of xml files.

Can someone tell me what is going wrong?

Thanks.

Second question: Who do I Force-choke for setting things up that way?

Okay, seriously: Would the same stupidity be in play if I bought the physical disks? Or do RFC mods only work on a Windows OS?

Top Bottom