Installing the mod by hand

DasMammut

Chieftain
Hey,

I have recently installed Civ 4 on a new laptop. When I tried to install Planetfall using the installation .exe-file, I got a "NSIS error"-message "Error launching installer".

Thus, I opened the planetfall installation .exe-file using winrar and copied all the files in the directory Beyond the Sword/Mods/Planetfall by hand. I did the same with the patch-files, overwriting whenever asked.

The mod is running, though some things are a bit strange. The font used for all written things in the game looks different than I remember it from my last play on the old computer. I also remember that, when playing the Believers, there was a bar showing the culture accumulated for the Golden Age. Do I remember that correctly?

I would appreciate info on the following questions:
1) In the installation .exe-file was a "Plugins" folder I didn't know what to do with. It includes the following files: modern-header.bmp, modern-wizard.bmp, nsDialogs.dll, StartMenu.dll and System.dll. Where are those files to be put?
2) Do I have to put any files anywhere else than the Beyond the Sword/Mods/Planetfall directory?

Thanks!

Top Bottom