ir41.DLL StackError with new Indeodriver

KFlash

Chieftain
I open this thread hoping someone reads it:
------------------------------------------

Hi

Yesterday I've found my old Civ2 CD and installed it on my PC (XP). Everything works fine and I had a great session. So the fire burns again inside...I WANT MORE.

So I decided to install Civ2 on my Acer Laptop(XP). And here the problems start.
So here are all informations I hope you need to make my Civ work on my laptop, too:

PC: WinXP SP2, 2.5GHz, 512MB RAM, Radeon 9000 Family
Laptop: WinXP SP1, 2GHz, 256MB RAM, Intel OnBoard Graphicchip

Installationsteps:

1. Way: Installed Civ2 -> Download COMMCNTRL.DLL, DCIMAN.DLL, iv5setup.exe -> move DLLs to system32, install indeodriver -> stackerror

2. Way: Move DLLs, install indeodriver -> reboot -> install Civ2 -> stackerror

3. Way: Tell me please :(

So pleeeeeeaaaaaaase, make me play. :cry:

Well you could start here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=104017 and see if that helps at all. Also try reinstalling in different directories with different install options, ie. if you did full install try minimal install... have had this work for a few people, not sure why.

I've read the thread and the thread wich was linked in the thread but nothing helped me. I allready have a shell.dll and also an autoexec.nt and config.nt (they are both bigger then your versions)

I also tryed to install it in another dir, but the same message hit my eyes. :crazyeye:

I hate this. I want my Civ2!!! :mad:

Top Bottom