1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ironman mode

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by JohnnyW, Jan 24, 2011.

1. PaperBeetle

PaperBeetle Emperor

Mm, yes. You're taking me back a long way (2003?) but there was a time before I played GOTM, and yeah, I guess I used reloading then too. It seems kind of meaningless now, but in my first couple of competitive games, I really felt the pressure of playing iron man style. And my second game I thoughtlessly reloaded to investigate something odd, and had to withdraw the game. Happy days! :) Thanks for reminding me.

2. plesniak

plesniak Warlord

I used to reload saves when I played civ 1 and civ 2. I don't reload saves anymore unless the game crashes. I have set the game to save after every turn for a span of 20 turns. It always keeps the 20 latest turns. This is also good for finding bugs if you happen to notice something odd. You can go back a few turns and find out what might have caused it.

3. DashieBaby87

DashieBaby87 Chieftain

:lol:

4. JohnnyW

JohnnyW Gave up on this game

Update: even ironman mode couldn't save this game for me. Sure, it was a nice novelty for a time to play through this broken mess of a game with no safety net, but the gameplay itself didn't change, and that's what I disliked about the game.