Is an alternate Private forum for Apolyton needed?

Sommerswerd

Shades of the Sun
Supporter
Hello fellow Players,

As many of you may already know, Apolyton is currently down, and has been down for about a week, after being hacked by belegit. I don't know if this has already happened on some other forum, but with their home site down, I think this potentially and unfairly hobbles Apolyton, in terms of their ability to communicate with each other, and just generally participate in the ISDG properly.

I would like to extend an invitation to Apolyton to have a private forum over here for the ISDG in case this situation takes much longer to resolve, or in the even more unhappy event that it never gets resolved.

Obviously, I dont have supreme Admin powers to give Apolyton such a forum, nor am I aware whether they already have a backup on some other site, or whether Team Apolyton is even interested in such a thing. However, if they do want/need a new temp/permatemp private forum, better we start exploring the possibility sooner rather than later.

Well i hoped the site would recover in a couple of days.. no idea when will it happen. Hopefully Robert can answer this. if it takes long then a private forum can definately help.

Just checking in here to let you know I am around. Sure does spoil communication.

I am sitting in the Alpha Centauri folder at 'poly in another tab right now. There's a post from the 25th displaying. I can't get any of the threads I've tried to open, and I can't go up to the root directory, but the three subforums open, and so does the Other Games level. Haven't tested anything else but CTP2, but it opened.
So, good news.

Top Bottom