Is anyone working on maximum size contient maps?

Konig15

Warlord
I know there's a very wonderful maximum size Europe map, but I'm wondering if there are the 32000~ square maps of Asia or the Pacific and Africa and especially the whole of North America? Cause I'd like to experiment with World War II scenario with 4 maps, that could, in theory, allow you to fight the sub-North African fights, like the Free French campaigns in Equatorial Africa and the East African campaign as I've never seen a scenario that let you do that before, which opens up all kinds of counterfactual play. Also in theory you could also do trade with Japan or as the allies fight Hilter AND Tojo at the same time.

If they don't exist they don't exist although I thought I'd at least ask.

I asked a similar question a few years back, and it seems if we want mega-maps, we'll have make them.

Oh I weep at that answer! Bitter are my tears and gnashing are my teeth!

The "Good news" is that there's already two huge maps of North America that can be expanded via map editor, though I don't know if it can reach to Costa Rica at that scale. And the DTS map of the Pacific can probably embiggened to scale via the new scripty thing, or so I've been told. Africa probably can be too from one of the African scramble scenarios., only in this case I'd probably need to cut off North Africa to not repeat myself.

I'm sure the mapedit utility had a BMP capture function, although I could be remembering it wrongly.
We need a new map app for CIV2 that can grab a map silhouette and make a civmap-ready file of any size.

That is my dream!

It does, and it works well enough at least for capturing the outline. It can still be found here

Top Bottom