[R&F] Is Rise and Fall worth it?

I would say that overall R&F is worth it - the new civilizations, wonders, and dark/golden ages and loyalty.

Personally, I haven’t taken advantage of governors in full. I’ve seen no need to use them except maybe for the religious Governor. But then again, this may be my play style (I’m by no means a guru at Civ 6).

So it’s up to you. The new civs are cool - I like the zulus and no good but Scotland is cool.

Thanks everyone.

I play on a Mac. So I may wait until it gets updates and maybe goes on sale. I'm working on winning with every single leader now, and only have a couple left to do.

Cheers.

If you like civ6 then it's worth it. I haven't been playing in a long while due to health issues, but I did play a game of Civ4 just recently, and still marvel at how much better that game is. But it wasn't as challenging as I remember. As rusty as I was, I absolutely dominated Noble difficulty, no challenge at all. As bad as people say Civ6 AI is, Civ4 AI isn't any better, the only thing that makes them menacing is those stacks if you are unprepared.

I'm a little burned out on this expansion. 2 problems for me. The Golden Age system puts a "time limit" on the game of sorts, and I dislike games with time limits (I'm looking at you Xcom2). After playing my Civ4 game, I realize how much more relaxing and better paced that game is than Civ6 R&F. Golden Age system needs work. The other problem is loyalty. I like the system in theory, but it has weird problems if you play on an Earth map of any type. It makes playing Earth map (or even the Europe map) a pretty bad experience. This was so much more fun in vanilla Civ6. Still there is enough fun stuff in here to give it a try.

If you like civ6 then it's worth it. I haven't been playing in a long while due to health issues, but I did play a game of Civ4 just recently, and still marvel at how much better that game is. But it wasn't as challenging as I remember. As rusty as I was, I absolutely dominated Noble difficulty, no challenge at all. As bad as people say Civ6 AI is, Civ4 AI isn't any better, the only thing that makes them menacing is those stacks if you are unprepared.

Have you tried K-Mod? That one is nasty, even at Noble.

ehh.

Loyalty is basically non mechanic.

The eras are the only real game changers, but mostly because things like mon and magnus are exploitable.

Is it worth ten bucks? Yeah. Its more or less a giant DLC. Is it worth twenty? Probably not.

I would say that it is

TBH R&F is very unbalanced RN. I won't say it is broken but it seems very rushed out the gate. (Great for us modders BTW cos we can get a head start on mods for R&F).

IMO the base game is very stable now. So i think i'd wait until the next patch is released in the next ~1-5 wks.

Top Bottom