[BTS] Is there a cap on civs per map?

CMSBile

Chieftain
Because I'm an idiot, I decided "you know what would be cool? What if I got 64 civs and put them on a big Earth map?" It broke though so I went and looked at the WB save. The save works fine up until I add in civ number 53 (the 54th civ), at which point it crashes. I tried swapping it for another one but that one didn't work either. I tried regenerating those entries and that didn't help either. I checked earlier in the file and "Team 53" is only declared once. The only two things I can think of are: 1. there's a limit of 53 civs per map or 2. those two civs I tested in particular are broken. The log files have been remarkably unhelpful. I have been working on this one problem for a good seven hours now. Is there a hard limit on civs per map that I can't go over (53 civs) or am I forgetting something? I did a google but I couldn't find anything. I'm mostly using CIV Gold civs with some of Louis' modular civs. They all work individually but not when put into the main WB file.

The real question is what mod are you playing?
In Civ4 BtS the limit of civs is 18 (IIRC). This limit is defined in the dll.
Some mods have a higher limit. E.g. mine has two dll-s: one with a 50 civs limit and the other with a 100 civs limit. Of course you can use only one dll at a time.

Top Bottom