Is there interest for a Civ3 DG?

Are you interested in a Civ3 DG?

• Total voters

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Answer yes or no.

Hell, yeah. :thumbsup:

But... you were such a great President, Furiey... :sad:

Not a 100% sure if it's feasible for me to run Civ3 on a 64-bit Vista.

I do hope it is as my next PC will probably be that...
If not, we can always hit the tech forums for Civ3 and see how other Vista 64 users tackled the problem.

However, I have yet to see any documentation or running Civ3 in windowed mode. The reason for me is that I have a widescreen monitor and games that run on full mode tend to look short and fat like someone sat on poor old Civ3.

I might have to try getting active again if we try another Civ 3 game

The Civ IV demogames never really had the right feel for me for some reason...

If not, we can always hit the tech forums for Civ3 and see how other Vista 64 users tackled the problem.

However, I have yet to see any documentation or running Civ3 in windowed mode. The reason for me is that I have a widescreen monitor and games that run on full mode tend to look short and fat like someone sat on poor old Civ3.

Did you see my other post?

Download Microsoft Virtual PC 2007.
Install Windows XP onto the Virtual PC.
Install Civ3 onto the Virtual PC.
Start Civ3 and enjoy full screen Civ3 in a window (virtual PC).

:)

(The Virtual PC window can be adjusted, too)

Hey there, sounds good!

Also, on the note of installing Civ3 on your PC, if Virtual PC doesnt work, you can always install XP on a different partition, and dual boot your PC. My uncle has the same set up, and it works extremely well.

Did you see my other post?

Download Microsoft Virtual PC 2007.
Install Windows XP onto the Virtual PC.
Install Civ3 onto the Virtual PC.
Start Civ3 and enjoy full screen Civ3 in a window (virtual PC).

:)

(The Virtual PC window can be adjusted, too)
The only problem would be, if you dont have a Windows XP (or older Windows OS that supports Civ3) installation disk.

I might have to try getting active again if we try another Civ 3 game

The Civ IV demogames never really had the right feel for me for some reason...

Pretty much my thoughts.

-- Ravensfire

Depending on interest levels it might actually be practical to have both a Civ 3 Democracy Game and a Civ 4 Democracy game simultaneously.

Population may be reduced, but it seems there are several players (myself included) interested exclusively in one or the other.

If it's only Civ 4 I doubt I'll make much effort to get back in... if it's Civ 3 again I'll probobly give it another go.

Yet there are others who might be interested in both, and thus might be torn between the two games if we were to have multiple games.

Unfortunately though the two seperate polls we have here doesn't reflect that distribution very well :(

A combined run off poll might be in order with options that would better allow a better gauge of who's interested only in one, and who's interested in both.

Though we might be able to gather some statistics by just comparing how people voted among the two polls...

Yet there are others who might be interested in both, and thus might be torn between the two games if we were to have multiple games.

What an excellent idea - I'll shamelessly steal it!

-- Ravensfire

27 YES votes, almost half of them Veterens.

Where is the C3C DemoGame Revival Forum? There isn't even an Official Discussion for a Civ3 DG. Are the Mods going to set us up a Forum here? Or in the Civ3 Section?

What's the plan?

I think we should use this forum to organize both DG's. It's got the attention of people, so it makes the most sense.

Absolutely should be in the Civ 3 and Civ 4 forums respectively once the games start though, with a stickied thread pointing to the other.

-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom