Island Conquest v2.2 is now available

The basic difference is a mod doesn't have a set map, but in my case I won't bother to play a mod that doesn't differ significantly from the standard game.

Your scenario walks the border between mod and scenario since it has significant rule changes but also a fixed map.

The main reason I changed my avatar to mention the mods at all was to show some support for WH 2.0 mod which recently had some very negative feedback, which I felt was completely undeserved. Then I added in the other mods as an afterthought since I figured they deserved some credit since I played them and enjoyed them too. But I still wanted to keep my signature short so as to aviod ridiculus posts w/ my signature much longer than the phrases so not everything made the cut. I didn't, for example, mention the Pentagenisis mod even though it's pretty good becuase I think that in many ways the mod does not feel finished. I also didn't mention the Rise of the Moghuls scenario becuase, though it was fun, it was pretty inaccurate in terms of history. Maps didn't get include becuase, in my opinion, mapmaking isn't that hard (it's one of the few civ-customization techniques which I myself am perfectly capable of doing). I like Island Conquests becuase its fun and playable. I won't even judge most other scenarios becuase they have such elaborate setups that the initial load time and the time between turns ends up taking FOREVER. Thats why there is not "best scenarios ever" listing in me signature, I don't feel like I can judge them. I DID originally thought about list Island Conquests as part of the best "mods" ever but my list was getting long and I decided to not list it for the same basic reasons as Pentagenisis, in a nutshell it just wasn't as "polished" as the other mods. But it is, on the other hand, a good mod and I probably will get around to playing it some time after some of the novelty of MoM: The Sorcerers wears off (that was an iffy inclusion on my list, but I figured the original MoM definitaly had to be on the list so I could include sorcerers as as a sort of footnote) By comparison w/ The Sorcerers Island Conquests does sort of belong my list, since they are achievements of roughly the same calliber; sorcerers being an ambitious reworking of MoM, island conquests being an ambitious reworking of the standard civ. So in the end I discovered that by adjusting text sizes I could condense my signature to be much smaller and therefore list both, but I am still wondering if I should put Pentagenisis on the list now.

so its a map thing... cool!

I am glad you think my mod is fun, I am working on the polish for the release of the next map :D I have already implimented some things based on your feedback. Thank you for giving me some feedback on errors/bugs/tarnish it makes my job much easier (oh an im a crappy speller). :)

Hello, I'm back:

I noticed an Island Conquests V.3 Beta, is this a new version and, if so, where do I find the download?

Top Bottom