Jarmrik s factory

Pecheneg,
Most of my vehicles are kind of modular: you can take the turret you want to put it on the vehicle you want (as long as there is a turret, of course). You could then put the ZU on a VBCI, or the bring the BTR-4 turret on the SdKfz231 if it'd make you happy. It would take one minute with nifskope (finding the software on your computer and loading files included in the said minute).

As like my last request, it isn't urgent. It was just an idea, because you recently worked on the technicals. I tried it myself once, but the launcher from the Katjusha was not modular, so I could not remove the truck (and replace it by the pickup). :)

Here are some unitpacks from a mod I've been working on for something like a decade. Long story short, it takes place during a putsch in a small country of mid-2010s Africa and stages various factions with their own specific goals and way to achieve them.

The units themselves are nif composite ones, made of elements and accessories you probably/certainly have seen elsewhere (at this time, modeling was from alien technology for me :lol:). Most of them are BTS ones, and it will be hard to give proper credits to the first one who had the idea to bring the scout backpack to a marine, or put the cavalry rider's head on the navyseal body. I also took some skins from everywhere, found camo on the net... These packs are therefore a tribute to the creators of CFC in their entirety, to all those who spent their free time imagining, designing, drawing and also grouping/collecting, to put variety in one of my favorite games which I probably wouldn’t play anymore if they hadn’t put so much effort into it.

Among them, special mention to WalterHawkwood, SaibotLieh, Bakuel, Avain, Chuggi, Mechaerik, seZereth, Kine100, Deliverator, Topsecret, Keldath, Stolenrays, Ramzay1945, MightyToad, Zerver, Aungi, Coffee Junkie, Asioasioasio, Danrell and the probably many ones I forgot.
Of course, if you are able to identify/tell me who did what and want their (your) name to appear, just PM me and I'll be glad to give proper credits.

Note that I have only uploaded the units I've strongly modified, or the ones with weapons that have not been uploaded before (as far as I know).

The first faction is a french PMC that remains unpaid by the defeated government, and has to find means to survive, as all neighbours have closed their borders forbidding an legal exit. It's divided in two categories.
First one are "the contractors", a merry band of french legionaries on vacation and young army retirees forming the heavy infantry unit of the faction.

AfreakA_contractors.jpg

Download here:

Second one are "rookies", a mix of local loyalists and low-cost soldiers of fortune, with more or less combat experience.

AfreakA_rookies.jpg

Download here:

The second faction are the pustchist. They're supported by a foreign power - I let you guess which one.
These ones are the combat auxiliaries of that putschists faction, but also act as the barbarian units of the mod (technicals are already at your disposal to support these bad guys).

AfreakA_beasts.jpg

Download here:

A third faction also interacts. It's a kind of extremist christian expeditionnary corps supported by a famous real estate tycoon, I won't explain here why they're here.
Those are "the crusaders", the tier two infantry unit of this faction. The "pastor" is the team leader of the combat auxiliaries, but I thought he may inspire some of you, so I added him to the pack.

AfreakA_crusaders.jpg

Download here:

I am working on new vehicles to support these bands, I'll upload them when finished.

Most of my vehicles are kind of modular: you can take the turret you want to put it on the vehicle you want

Great, thanks so much for taking care of modularity. Because there are at least seven units on which the cannon can be placed.

Here are some unitpacks

An M-14 for a marksman? There is happiness - the sight of the SVD from the American "sniper" was already starting to make my eye twitch. In principle, it is already possible to mount a "marksman" group inside the US infantry squad.
A few tricky plans that you might also be interested in. The nuance is that even only rifle squad (light infantry) in Stryker brigades, Americans have up to 8 options for arming a soldier. At the same time, there is a parallel branch of heavy weapons squad. In general, there are only 5 (?) "basic" types of squad in the army in three types of brigades + the Marine Corps with its own weapons. At the same time, at the company level are a couple more varieties of snipers and light mortars 60 mm.
In general, the "mechanized infantry" unit actually hides 12 different ones. And this, of course, is typical not only for Americans. I am politically correctly concerned about this diversity - and I am systematically oppressed by the lack of opportunity to combine options.
For the French machine gun and everything else, of course, thanks too. More mercenaries and paramilitaries, good and different. And yes, religious divisions did not die at all in the Middle Ages either.

Last edited:
Well, about the helicopter of the future. If it is long, then…
The nuance is that now in key countries there is a rejection of traditional schemes. The classical scheme of a helicopter, which has only a vertical screw or screws, has extremely low efficiency when it comes to horizontal movement, and the higher the speed, the worse the situation there. The simplest problem, explained without much tedium, is the approach of the blade ends to the speed of sound with increasing rotor speed. At the same time, air resistance depends on velocity non-linearly and grows epically in the zone of transonic speeds. And in itself, this is only the most innocent effect of the transonic crisis.
As a result, even 400 km/h for a classic circuit is an extremely difficult to achieve shining peak. As a result №2, they were going to get rid of the traditional scheme by the time the helicopter flew the first kilometer. If we take Russian projects that I know better, then there are tiltrotor planes mixed with flying saucer schemes already in the twenties for the future. However, tiltrotor planes turned out to be a more distant prospect than it seemed in the 20s.
But there is also a compromise option – a helicopter with a pulling or pushing propeller in addition to a "vertical" rotor. There are also difficulties there, mainly, as it is clear, with management. However, by the end of the 60s, computers had already become significantly smaller than a helicopter. As a result, almost all current combat helicopters had such an alternative during development, and in two cases – as a predecessor.
The most famous and reached the iron and testing stage is, of course, "Cheyenne". However, in Mother Russia they did the same thing. Alternative Mi-28

In Germany, these two projects were developed almost in parallel with "Cheyenne". Сlosed in favor of "Tiger". The Messerschmidt project,

"Doronye".

Spoiler :

The British, "Westland". At the same time.

At the same time, the next generation of helicopters in the late USSR was planned to be something like this. V-100, "Kamov".

However, the USSR collapsed, military budgets were reduced. As a result, even the Americans began to consider a program to replace the currently flying helicopters (Future Vertical Lift (FVL)) only in 2004. And only one "normal" helicopter was offered as part of the program. The others:
The Pyasetsky X-49 SpeedHawk is the earliest "prototype prototype".

The company dropped out of the program quite early, but did not change the principles. In 2016, Piasetsky's opinion about the "light" helicopter of the future looked like this.

In addition, the company offered options for upgrading current-generation "Apache" helicopters according to the same scheme

" Chinook "

Well,and the Apache modernization project from Boeing (Advanced AH-64E Block 2 Compound), for the company.

Another early loser, EADS, was going to offer something based on this.

The one of loser in the middle distance AVX Aircraft

Karem Aircraft turned out to be less prone to self-promotion and its helicopter version is somewhere too far away in the depths of the Internet.
And the finalists Boeing-Sikorsky under the reconnaissance and attack helicopter program: S-97 RAIDER

He is also the software in the final stealth version. The alternative was the "classic" Bell 360 Invictus.

As a result, the program was closed in favor of drones. At the same time, it was opened when it turned out that the abandonment of the "Comanche" in favor of the same drones was premature and reconnaissance from a manned helicopter was about 40% more successful.
Boeing –Sikorsky on the topic of replacing the "Black Hawk" and the claim to replace the "Apache". "Defiant X"

Аnd here in the background you can see that Boeing-Sikorsky has planned to replace the "Apache".

– and this is a video clip.

But then "Bell" came with its tiltrotor and ruined everything. In general, the pusher propeller scheme will face tough competition with tiltrotor aircraft. However, those have a reduced payload due to the limited diameter of the rotors. This is not critical for "average" transporters, but heavy niches are questionable.
At the same time, it cannot be said that Boeing did not try to spoil everything for "Bell".

Something in the dimension of an "Osprey" with telescopic folding blades and a central part of the rotor that works like a round wing.
The Chinese for 2014 Heavy transport

And something much easier.

Russia, the SBV program, has been publicly available since 2017 The "Mil" Design Bureau previously showed a helicopter project with a pusher propeller. Mi-X1, it's pretty boring. "Kamov" Design Bureau in 2018

700 km/h, but the method remains quite mysterious. Previously, "Kamov" promoted the idea of a jet helicopter, and even earlier, it developed a "quasi-jet". In general, this is a rather peculiar branch of development, it takes quite a long time to describe it.

Well, in short, the pushing screw on the tail will give the helicopter + 100 points to futurism. And the saga above will probably go to my blog on "Zen".

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments, Pecheneg.

About the precision rifle, I was little bored of the SVD too ;). There is at least one more different model to come, keep lurking...
You should also have a look at Kine100's arsenals (the AA52 is from him/her), if you haven't already.

The helicopter. It was not destinated to be futuristic. I'd even say it's contemporary. I had a long look at what had been made (prototypes), and I saw almost everything you posted during my searches. But I was looking for a model to fit the Civilization unit fashion, that could fit from let's say "very late cold war to nowadays". And if you have a look at the shape, the one and only originality (or what could be seen as "futurism") is the extended cut nose. Else, it's really not far from what flies nowadays (AH64, EC665, A129, AH2, T129, Z19, Mi28...)

Thanks for your comments,

Thanks, although it would be better if I did something myself instead of surface helicopter excavations. However, visitors to the "Factory" will now be able to look at pictures with beautiful helicopters for a long time, yes. :D
About the precision rifle, I was little bored of the SVD too ;). There is at least one more different model to come, keep lurking...
Thank you in advance. Among other things, the SVD is not even a classic sniper's weapon. This is a marksman rifle with all its features. And yes, just for the sake of information – in American sniper "teams", classic sniper rifles are routinely supplemented with large-caliber ones. At the same time, as an ersatz, you can simply hand an anti-tank rifle to a "large-caliber" sniper. It doesn't look like a "Barret", but there are simpler models of heavy rifles, and the anti-tank pedigree is clearer there.

You should also have a look at Kine100's arsenals

(sighing) Kine100 is certainly beautiful, but…
No one likes Western grenade launchers. And acquaintance with Russian art, as always, is limited to classics – Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, Chekhov, RPG-7. Meanwhile, in the same US Army, there are usually two sets of anti–tank weapons in the infantry squad - at the same time, in two types of brigades out of three, these are not "Javelins" at all. Which in this case are in service with special units of "heavy infantry".
At the same time, any army claiming to be decent does not go out without at least three classes of grenade launchers (not counting under-barrel grenade launchers, etc.).
1. Classics: the anti-tank grenade launcher itself. 2. A mini – lightweight grenade launcher, most often disposable even in armies where the classics are "standard" RPGs. In Russia, this is called a reactive anti-tank grenade. 3. Maxi – anti-bunker grenade launchers / rocket-propelled flamethrowers. They really grew out of flamethrowers.
In the American army, the classic is the At–4, their old M72 grenade launcher acts as a mini, and a fairly a few maxi is the M146, a variant of the grenade launcher of the American Marines. The latter, as you know, have their own set of weapons. Just like army rangers, etc.
No one likes automatic grenade launchers. At the same time, there are more of them in Russian "heavy" units than large-caliber / heavy machine guns.
No one likes modern "standard" machine guns. The Kine100 has a Vietnam-era M60 and, in fact, that's it. And, alas, for more than 40 years, only the US National Guard has been running with them. M240 and PKM are not. And it is hardly worth clarifying that the M249 and the PKK are light machine guns, weapons of a different class.
In general, it's all Dostoevsky, "Poor people." Realizing the horror of SUCH a being, I went wandering. On the Internet. And I found there a complete set of rather low-poly models... for Vietnam. Including automatic grenade launcher and M220FLASH. That is, an early jet flamethrower, the same four-barrel thing that likes to make movies with Schwarzenegger.
The automatic grenade launcher and the M72 can be used for modern units. However, there is no "basic" At-4, and the only option to get something remotely similar is to remove the shield from the "vanilla" grenade launcher. But from the At-4 there is only the right "tail". Similarly, the M72 can be obtained not by conversion, but by cutting off the same "Pantsershrek". In general, they started making games about the modern US army too late and there are practically no low-poly weapons models after the 1970s. Except for the very "basic", of course.
Naturally, it is possible to equip modern units with "Vietnamese" models, etc., but… It won't be so interesting and 1-2% of users will notice inconsistencies, yes.:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom