Jarmrik s factory

Next, I'm proud to present the "Eagle Owl", a combat walker designed to bring a mechanized support to the rangers presented above. With a bit of imagination and industry, it could easily be turned into a vtol unit. I'll see later.
This one is a bit particular, because it just came out of my brain and hands instantly, without any plan nor picture, by putting vertices one after one, just as they came. Same for the texture, it's the first time I made one without any helper nor starting point. I'm honestly proud of the result, as I didn't expected I could do something like that. This is why it is very special to me.
I put it on the NextWar assault mech anim and modified the gun effects. My only regret is that I haven't been able to put more functionnal effects nodes on it (bad method, or possibly bad anim model, I didn't really understand). If one wants to make the nose machinegun and the rocket launchers functionnal, feel free to do so, and don't forget to upload it!
If you want the walking anim to be synchronized with the standard displacement speed of Civ4 models, you'll have to set fMaxSpeed tag to 1.0 in CIV4UnitInfos.xml:
<fMaxSpeed>1.0</fMaxSpeed>
A special thought to @need-my-speed on this point ;)

IFCW_Eagle_Owl.jpg

Download:

Finally, the ACW-23/10, an autonomous combat walker. Another deadly machine, known on my lonely planet as the terrific "Hell Chick" (it could have been named "dark chicken" or "evil hen", but didn't sound well to my ears - I don't know why...)
For this one, same story. No original model nor texture, except I had a more precise idea of what I wanted (the big red angry eye).
On the scale subject, imagine it just a bit taller than a human. It can fit for future era but also stand as a (not so futuristic) nextgen drone (there was a discussion about it here at CFC once). Maybe you could meet it night patrolling in Moscow streets in a dozen years...
Furnished with the original red star decal, but also a non-marked livery. Walks and fires correctly with the NextWar assault mech KFM too, with the same modification to do in UnitInfos for a better visual rendering.

ACW_HellChick.jpg

Download:

As I half-mentionned, I'm working on armored soldiers to replace my old sets. New LAV production has also started. Thus you can expect an new invasion before the end of the year, if all goes as I want.

WalterHawkwood

If I remember well, you were looking for a static base for an artillery unit. As I was playing with Nifskope, I think I found a possible path. Not sure you will be definitly satisfied, but it could be a starting point for experiments.
Note that I made this on the civ4 original cannon: the elements are probably not attached the same way you did with your own unit. Have a try ingame (nifskope rendering is weird) and let me know.

Attachments

• WalterHawkwood_RenCityArtillery.rar
    67.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
There are your vehicles: Humvee, Dingo & VBL. I used the turret provided in the KrugerPritz's original pack.
An express work, I made no recolor. I leave you this duty, as you seem to know what you want and what to do :).
I joined the neutralized models, so you can change the turret if you want, or simply have civil vehicles. Just let me know if there's something not working, or something else.

Nice recolors you made with the infantry, don't hesitate to share them! Are the strykers skin the original ones, or did you reworked them?
Hey Jarmrik? Thank you for creating the modifications so quickly! I finally had the time to insert them in my mod and they are awesome! Thank you!

And to answer your question, yes Stryker's skins were my rework. They came with something similar IIRC but I adjusted the shades of the color to my liking. I can share them as well with my infantry skins!
Skins 1.jpg

Seems I failed when I made the upload of ACW 23/10. I've corrected this, the unit should be now downloadable.

Hey Jarmrik? Thank you for creating the modifications so quickly! I finally had the time to insert them in my mod and they are awesome! Thank you!

And to answer your question, yes Stryker's skins were my rework. They came with something similar IIRC but I adjusted the shades of the color to my liking. I can share them as well with my infantry skins!View attachment 676798
Yes, you can send me your reskins here or post them in the download section. Just send the dds to save space and time, with an readme that points the original models (unless you modified the models themselves)

Yes, you can send me your reskins here or post them in the download section. Just send the dds to save space and time, with an readme that points the original models (unless you modified the models themselves)
Here are the Stryker reskins. It is for this model:

Just rename the file to "stryker.dds"

Credit to asioasioasio

Attachments

• Stryker Skins.zip
    457.9 KB · Views: 7
I'm sorry I didn't thank you right away😭 - I was stuck for quite a long time with almost no Internet access. Thank you very much. I was already going to supply the whole world with German anti-tank guns and resigned myself to what it would look like... peculiar. Oh, and every time I have fewer and fewer excuses for delaying the work of the mod.
The role of aviation in WWII? I missed that one (if you're talking about a thread here, of course).

No, it was on a Russian website. The Russian segment of the Internet is running in droves about the same as on a Reddit, but with the opposite sign - if Western pseudo-patriots call all Soviet weapons slag, then Russian ones call everything Western. In general, my swearing at the current Washington did not prevent me from standing up for the honor of the American Air Force :D .

On AT guns, I personally use them in the same way Firaxis did with machineguns: I give them the same stats as the original AT infantry with one first strike and put them OnlyDefensive, as I cannot imagine the guys pushing their cannon in the hope of catching up a tank...

Yes, I have almost exactly the same plans for anti-tank guns and non-self-propelled ATGMs. But in my version, everything is somewhat more radical. Yes, the advantage of anti-tank guns was an order of magnitude less visibility and better situational awareness of the calculation. And, as a consequence, it is the first blow. But the nuance is also that anti-tank guns, due to the convenience of the calculation, were faster than tank guns of the same caliber. In the case when the tanks had cramped turrets or/ and an incomplete set of tankers servicing the gun, it looked especially ... impressive

"Hell Chick"

The adjective ""hell" led me to some associations, and early in the morning I found this chthonic monster. A real imperial walker. Uses pontoons instead of supports, overcomes almost any swamp with a superluminal speed of 3 km/h.
Spoiler Content 160+ :

By the way, seriously, yes, work on walking equipment has been intensified in Russia. For example, it is planned to acquire its own production of "robo-dogs". The nuance is that, along with the patency of the walkers, there is one rarely mentioned option - they are, for obvious reasons, less vulnerable to mines. Simply put, a wheeled or tracked vehicle will "collect" all the mines along the way, a walker will not, and at the same time the actual body is located above it. The creation of a walking mine clearance machine has long been discussed in open articles, and it is quite obvious that the idea of a combat vehicle for sudden strikes through minefields lies somewhere nearby. Someone will now get a lot of money for development.

heavy infantry squad,

Great. Here another nuance is that the "future" with tactical lasers, exoskeletons, ground and surface robots, etc. has already come or will come very soon, and the existing set of units does not even reflect the technological level already achieved. In general, heavy infantry would have to be borrowed from the mod in the Fallout setting, but now there are these cute guys and berets:hatsoff:.

Hi mate!
I was a bit scared you were caught in a dark cell because of subversive activities such as downloading german AT guns models with the evil will of bring them to non-german civs in a 25years old game... I was preparing a civ4 scenario in which CFC special forces (led by legendary Captain Jarmrik) were sent in "Somewhere-istan" to deliver its so special agent from an horrific non-western PMC know as Tchaïkovsky Group. I was thinking of "Saving Private Pecheneg" as a title, but I would probably have too much royalties to pay, so I gave up the plan...:D

Joking aside, glad to hear from you!
On the future units subject, I made them for my futuristic mod I started in 2015. Son no plasma beams nor disintegrating rays, they use the good old shells.
I think we're actually far from it. If lasers will probably have a countermeasure function soon, laser as conventionnal weapon won't be seen before a long time, not because of the technology level itself, but for logistic reasons: we won't master miniaturization and the storage of energy required to have something powerful enough before a long time.
And I personally think rifleblast are lot hotter than lasers!

Baykar Bayraktar Akinci recon & combat drone/UAV modelled from pictures.
Very very curvy, it hasn't been easy to find the correct triangle/size ratio, but I managed to find a good compromise. A challenge for me, I wanted to take it up. I also must admit that this flying object is just so beautiful -looks like a bird- that I fell in love with the first time I saw it.
No weapons/projectiles furnished, as I haven't already designed its 100% turkish arsenal. I'll possibly do it later if someone's interested in.
Akinci.jpg

Download:

I was a bit scared you were caught in a dark cell because of subversive activities such as downloading german AT guns models with the evil will of bring them to non-german civs

Yes, the NKVD was chasing me with shouts of "drop the gun, son!" But there were too many things that set them apart from the crowd in advance. The red banner was still not going anywhere, but the bust of Stalin was clearly too much.

Joking aside, glad to hear from you!

And I'm glad too:santa2:. I appreciate multitasking in people. It's probably not easy for you to be a great artist and a pleasant person at the same time, right :D ?

I think we're actually far from it.

The fact is that we already have. For example, the Americans have already officially put into service the first batch of tactical lasers based on Stryker, now we are talking about adapting lasers to the current staffing structure of the army, etc..
Directed Energy-Maneuver Short-Range Air Defense /DE M-SHORAD (Raytheon):
Spoiler :

Russian officials report mass production of anti-aircraft lasers («Zadira») and that lasers have already been used. " According to Borisov, now the industry is mass-producing laser systems that allow "to carry out thermal damage of various means." The complex will destroy the target in five kilometers. "Within five seconds, the unmanned vehicle was simply burned and ceased to exist," he noted".

aser as conventionnal weapon won't be seen before a long time, not because of the technology level itself, but for logistic reasons: we won't master miniaturization and the storage of energy required to have something powerful enough before a long time.

This was true for a situation when the efficiency of military lasers was the first percent, and the optics did not allow to radically compensate for the "blurring" of the beam in the atmosphere. Now a new generation of lasers has arrived with an efficiency of a couple of tens of percent (it was about ten years ago) and optics that can reduce scattering to 1.2 diffraction in the limit.
As a result, a generator powered by a conventional tank or АРС engine is enough to operate a tactical laser with a power of 50-100 kilowatts. At the same time, one hundred kilowatts per second = 4.5 bullets of a large-caliber machine gun in the same second. With modern optics, this will fall on a very limited area.
Naturally, there is no direct analogy between kinetic and energy damage to the target, but it gives a general idea of the tactical possibilities. As a result, tactical anti-aircraft lasers were designed to solve a fairly wide range of tasks, including intercepting mortar mines, MLRS missiles, etc.
At the same time, there is already, to put it mildly, a huge demand for cheap defeat of relatively soft targets such as small drones. For which the already achieved laser capabilities are redundant.
As a result, the laser "Striker" just managed to get ahead of everyone. Laser weapons are planned and tested for almost the entire range of combat platforms, from fighter jets and ships to... buggy.
Spoiler :

A "fly swatter" for small drones can be placed on such a machine completely.

And I personally think rifleblast are lot hotter than lasers!

This is true with respect to bolle or less solid targets (and, of course, any hand-held or wearable weapons), however, with respect to "soft and fast", the laser has a long number of advantages over conventional automatic anti-aircraft guns.

Very very curvy, it hasn't been easy to find the correct triangle/size ratio, but I managed to find a good compromise. A challenge for me, I wanted to take it up. I also must admit that this flying object is just so beautiful -looks like a bird- that I fell in love with the first time I saw it.
Wow. Yes, the result was worth the effort and yes, the drone is very cool.

I appreciate multitasking in people. It's probably not easy for you to be a great artist and a pleasant person at the same time, right :D ?
Aren't you sweet! :hug:

Well, my point was not really on vehicules, although I didn't know laser were already used as "destroyer" weapons for AA. I thought they were used/only able to perturbate aircrafts & guided projectiles electronics. I was especially thinking of the classical StarWars laser pistol we (the now old...) 80s kids saw in comics and movies.
Anyway, the problem is also from an economic point of view. When you have a look at what it implies, in terms of industry and consequencies on earth,ecology apart, the availability of ressources we never think of, at first the water you need to extract and refine ores, the energy you need for that, plus the same for the production of the weapon itself... And the batteries!
I'm not sure it would be a good path, in term of lenght of time. Unless we find an other planet to live on, of course.

Thank you very much, mutually:hug::beer:. And welcome to virtual mother Russia, to the virtual vodka, virtual balalaika and good old Russian, hmmm... familiarity :D .

I was especially thinking of the classical StarWars laser pistol we (the now old...) 80s kids saw in comics and movies.

Strictly speaking, Spielberg blasters are plasma weapons. But yes, from a practical point of view, there is no difference.

Anyway, the problem is also from an economic point of view. When you have a look at what it implies, in terms of industry and consequencies on earth,ecology apart, the availability of ressources we never think of, at first the water you need to extract and refine ores, the energy you need for that, plus the same for the production of the weapon itself... And the batteries!

Well, in fact, it is the economy that plays a huge role on the side of directed energy weapons.The fatal scourge of any unguided kinetic weapon is low accuracy. As a result, millions of tons of ammunition, the consumption of metal for which is comparable to the cost of military equipment itself, fall almost nowhere.
The use of electronics in disposable ammunition is also inevitably expensive. And it guarantees in advance an economic loss to an uncontrolled, but accurate photon beam. At the same time, guidance systems on the "combat platform" itself are necessary in both cases.
This is the main, but not the only factor. For example, it is well known that a laser in the atmosphere has problems with radiation absorption. But under more or less normal weather conditions, air resistance absorbs the energy of high-speed kinetic ammunition much more successfully. Two dozen kilojoules of a large-caliber machine gun reliably turn into a pumpkin already at a distance of 2 km (energy is reduced seven times). In relation to the weightless laser beam, the atmosphere is much more liberal. In general, the energy of gunpowder (a highly specialized and rather expensive thing that needs to be carefully stored and transported) is spent mainly on heating the gun, the atmosphere and in the vast majority of cases not hitting anywhere. Or hit caught for a lot of money / resource costs, in the case of sophisticated guidance systems.

Last edited:
Because of another project and an unexpected job, I won't have time to post evrything I wanted, but I have this one I've just finished yesterday.
Here is my favorite heavy jet bomber, the Tu-22M3. I uploaded two versions of this variable-geometry aeroplane you'll use according to your preference: one with wings opened and the other with closed wings. One among the adventurous may try to play with invisibility and use the two in the same nif... Good luck if so!

tu22m3_OW.jpg

tu22m3_CW.jpg

Download:

Glamour and chic :D . It's a very beautiful plane. I liked the previous units, but you are progressing. At the same time, for example, Walter Hawkwood successfully proves that Civilization 4 can be a very aesthetic game - and I would like to continue this tradition. So long live the kawaii and the cute... Oh, harsh militarism.

And out of all connection with the previous one, there are some lyrics on the theme of military glamour. A folk (almost) song dedicated to the new dress uniform of 2017.

While the planet is still alive,
While the stars are shining in the sky,
We will sew lace on the tunic,
Before it's too late, before it's too late.

Embroidered flap, loose fit,
A mink overcoat is our strength,
Consider that the fight is immediately lost,
When you're brave but not handsome.

Spoiler :

Nearby, there is joy and trouble,
It is necessary, it is necessary to give a firm answer,
Cutouts and rhinestones - yes, yes, yes!
Raincoat-tents at once - no, no, no!

When the explosions rattle in the dark,
The sergeant is a handsome smart company,
Screaming: \"Guys, at the fashion show!"
And you go, and how you go!

And if the bullet is in a dashing battle,
It will catch up with you and hurt you,
You will easily accept your fate,
When you're in jeans and a cardigan.

And the footcloths immediately - no, no, no!

The planet will always be alive,
While we are stylish and graceful,
let's walking in a formation in boa,
Before it's too late, before it's too late.

Remember it right away and for the ages,
In any battle, the details are important,
When you see the enemy's costume,
It is not fitted, but ours is fitted!

And the footcloths immediately - no, no, no!

Top Bottom