Jarmrik s factory

Christmas was a month ago, you know...
I found only the T-70 and, obviously, just missed the self-propelled gun based on the APC.
Maybe you could choose the model you REALLY want to get, because it actually takes me 2/3 weeks to produce a functionnal unit.

Maybe try a tactical missile? There is a Luna-M in the list of drawings, but there is an earlier and simpler version – just "Luna", based on the PT-76
Luna-M is more complex, but the truck itself (with a modified cabin and no changes) has been used and is used in several systems at once – the Hurricane MLRS, the installation of coastal anti-ship missiles, etc. At the same time, the guiding "beam" are confusingly similar to those used in the American "Honest John". That is, you can get a western unit by simply changing the base (there is a truck).
And yes, I will explain how this can be applied. These things with a rather limited range, but a large charge weight were intended mainly for the delivery of nuclear warheads, although they could use "normal" ones. That is, it is a cheap nuclear missile that can hit a neighboring tile (and only one tile is hit, but strongly).
At the same time, a clash of nuclear powers with Cold War technologies would have involved the use of a large number of tactical nuclear weapons, a colossal amount of them had been accumulated. And one of the features of such a war is just the problems with creating a stable defense or its extreme high cost, for obvious reasons. In other words, this is a very different war compared to the Second World War or typical modern operations against countries of the second/third rank.

Last edited:
Would you use it in a game? I mean how would you set them, what would make them important in your game?
In real life, it looked like this. Let's look at the example of reconnaissance companies and battalions of the Wehrmacht, they are the most famous.
Spoiler :

Classic motorcycles + wheeled armored cars died pretty quickly. And they were replaced by groups of light and medium armored personnel carriers. So, the marching speed of semi-tracked vehicles in the group is 25% higher than that of tank units (25 km versus 20). The real gap in the speed of movement is much higher – armored personnel carriers are lighter than tanks, respectively, there is no need to go around many places where tanks simply will not pass.
Accordingly, the groups move ahead of the shock units and in secondary directions. If they come across a serious defense, they withdraw after reconnaissance by combat and try to get around. If they come across a weak barrier, they break through and move on, if they don't find anything, they just penetrate into the enemy's near rear. In general, mechanized light cavalry.
However, 1. in order not to run from the first tank, anti-tank self-propelled guns based on the АРС are needed.2. in order for an attack on any barrier not to look like a zerg rush, an equally mobile artillery support is needed. That is, ordinary infantry guns and howitzers on the same armored personnel carriers. There is an option with towed guns, but this is a minus to the patency.
Well, in other cases, it's just cheaper self-propelled guns compared to self-propelled guns on a tank base. That is, in the game it will be cheaper and faster, and if I manage to steal a component from Vincent, more economical cars. With self–propelled guns, everything is clear, and a mortar is a mortar – it is able to quickly pour out a lot of metal on the enemy (high strength and blitz promotion - several blows per turn). But at the same time, the effectiveness of work on fortifications is reduced, and due to low accuracy, limited effectiveness against other siege weapons and a low damage limit.
More precisely, I want to "reform" the accuracy of the hit – that is, there is no limit as such, but the accuracy of the hit drops along with a decrease in the hp of the target. I.e. it is possible to kill it completely remotely, but for a very long time. Unless, of course, the target unit represents a unit, and not a single target like a large warship, where the inverse relationship will operate.

Last edited:
:lol: Christmas was a month ago, you know...

Already in the pipeline or already released:
- Wiesel 20mm (in my coldwar units list)
- BM21 Grad (in my coldwar units list)
- Komintern (although I think it s in Kathy s range with a composite nif as she s used to)
- Kettenkratrad (Kathy s already done one, maybe a little work on texture to perfect it)
- Jagdpanzer IV (I have to decide if I downgrade a model I recently got or if I build mine from scratch)
- Marder II (already in CFC database)
- Marder III M
- Sd.Kfz.251/9 Ausf.D (already in CFC database/in a mod in CFC)
- T60 (already in CFC database)

Maybe you could choose the model you REALLY want to get, because it actually takes me 2/3 weeks to produce a functionnal unit.

You should also have a look to MatteM s thread, I d bet there are some models he has already done.
What do you mean with "Komintern"? I am not sure, what you need, so I cannot say, if I can to this, as Komintern has several meanings.
Do you mean this vehicle?

I can try to do this based on a truck.

What do you mean with "Wiesel"? This vehicle: Wiesel

If so, I was looking for whits some months (or years) ago, so I would be interested in having this.

If this is okay, I can release this as "Komintern". It is base on a truck modell, and I could not remove the front mudguard. Also, the track is not perfect, as for the long vehicle I had to use 2 times the normal track. But if it is what you need, I will upload it - or modify it sligthly, if you have some remarks.
Komintern.jpg

If this is okay, I can release this as "Komintern"

Quite a normal option, but the Comintern still has a more massive design. However, let's see what the Jarmrik says.
Do you know what the hood of a small truck in combination with a fully tracked chassis reminds me of? You guessed it, Czechs again :D .They had a very small tank (in fact, a tankette with a turret) AН-4. Sold for export all the way to Ethiopia. And on its base - a light artillery tractor, Prague T III. There is no complete similarity, but still. In general, if you cut it down, you will get a kind of generalized artillery tractor for third world countries (light). For greater similarity, you can make cutouts in the sides.
But this is more of an abstract message than a concrete proposal.

Also, the track is not perfect, as for the long vehicle I had to use 2 times the normal track.

By the way, there were trucks with a conventional body, with two independent tracked trucks.

The smaller of the two serial Soviet, Ural 5920. It's articulated, but this not very visible.

Truely to say, I have no more massive truck modell which is suitable for the base of this unit. I have checked some modells, but none of it looks more like the Komintern. So we have to see if Jarmrik has a better idea.

Well, congratulations Kathy, you did exactly what I expected. Of course it s not the exact replica of the original, but it s quite the same level of the artillery trucks I ve done earlier, considering you don t touch 3d software - I personally think you should. So for me it s ok. Just give it fancy name (Katyusha s already taken).
I don t know if you re aware of the tool, but there s a "scale vertices" command in transform menu which is very useful; in this case it would allow you to get the length you want for the tracks (but keep copies because if you miss, there s no undo button...)
Erasing the mudguards in blender would be a first stage, and once understood the very basic commands, you would be able to isolate all the elements you need for your creations. Trust me, this is not that hard.

Back to the subject, if Pecheneg wants something more accurate, two possibilities:
- I can use yours and change the truck shape a bit
- I build one from scratch, with no promises on release time (I m on something else for now, and holidays will end soon...)

I found only the T-70 and, obviously, just missed the self-propelled gun based on the APC.
A mistake from my part, there is a T-70 in a blitzkrieg tank pack, but no T-60. MatteM did a Marder II, you should easily find it.
Here s the APC, I don t remember where I got it, apologies to its creator.

Attachments

• sdkfz251stummel.zip
    74.7 KB · Views: 15
Back to the subject, if Pecheneg wants something more accurate
Pecheneg wants a lot of things, but does not insist on anything :D. And in general, the Comintern was against the exploitation of other people's labor:old:.

Here s the APC,
Thanks. I also have a feeling that I've seen this ACS somewhere, but it's unclear where.

2k6 is on the way.
Great, thanks a lot:hatsoff:. Given the fact that the then military planned to use nuclear ammunition with the help of battalion recoilless guns and light airborne tanks ("Sheridan"), the 1950-1980 from "Firaxis" look like a deliberate attempt at self-sabotage, yeah.

(climbing onto the podium and drinking a glass... water)
The impending formidable battles demand maximum unity under the banner of Leninism of all sections of the Communist International. Down with staggering and hesitation! Long live the steel unity of Lenin's ranks! Long live the Leninist Comintern!
The Comintern is the brainchild of the Great October Revolution. The Comintern is the organizer of the World October. Long live the new units. Long live the Comintern! Hooray, comrades.

Alright komrad Pecheneg, what about this one?

Excellent :thumbsup: . This is the true face of the faithful Leninist:old:. Thank you, comrade, the motherland and the party appreciate your labor feat. Yes, a good mashine, and in fact, removes the problem - after all, the compact hood of the "three-ton" did not fit a ten-ton tractor for heavy artillery.

As I already mentionned, a friend of mine opened his arsenal to satisfy my apetite for new models. Most of them are so much detailed that I feel unable to convert them correctly, but some are less.
As requested by Pecheneg, here s a T-60 using tank kfm. I cleaned it as much as I could.
Thanks to Popkifumi for sending me the original model.

t60.jpg

Download:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/t-60.30414/

Top Bottom