[Just for fun] Memorable Market Moments

Eizo

Chieftain
I guess you have all seen it, the results of some very odd shopping behaviours by others, making you wonder WTFx2 are people doing?
In most cases I just quickly either sell or buy, given that I have the means to. But in some rare moments I pace myself and take a screenshot first. Here are two of them.
Enjoy. :)

Sometimes you just don't get any... :sad:

Earned 18k in a few moments there. :cool:

one time production was 800-900 and the other stuff were only 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so I sold all my production and bought everything else. and that was late game.

No, they are not. It only shows how bad CivWorld really is.

The first screenshot looks ok, because of a science era win race.
But the second and third screenshot are simply ridiculous and plain stupid.
4390 gold for a horse archer which costs 75 production (487 gold).
25K gold for 100 culture; the lowest amount of culture to generate a great person is 3200.
The fourth screenshot has very high production + unit prices.
That's possible, but I don't remember to see those prices in my games.

CivWorld is a 100% failure.

I had 500k gold at the end of one game. So I bought out culture while everyone was basically waiting for the last era win to roll by (battle countdown). It went up to 25k before I ran out of money.

Even then you sure pick very, very odd things to declare CivWorld a failure by, considering market stupidity is a function of the playerbase and not game design.

I mean seriously, you have the Great People mechanic in general, numerous terrain bugs, civ merge bugs, the Pay2Win framework/balance as your ammunition to declare CivWorld a bad game, and you pick market stupidity and declare it instantly a 100% failure, meaning none of those other factors even have a chance to contribute to the game being bad. What is wrong with you man

The prices are of less interest than the stories behind the prices.

There is nothing like watching science jump to 1400 after just springing a new war tech to start off a battle.

There is nothing like watching the price of every military unit and hammers rise as a tsunami after watching a successfully sprung ambush

It is kind of fun watching somebody join the game and think its christmas as they buy up bargains, while you win the final econ era.

Conversely, It is easy to picture the person singing 'I'm in the money' as you have just purchased the last hundred beakers to end the game for 5000.

Top Bottom