Kefka's Map

Kefka

Your local Schizophrenic
This is my my first attempt at a map using the Civ3 Editor you can try the map and give me any suggestions you have.
I just want to know why the land looks so boxy on the full map?

Attachments

• kefkas first map.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 605
I must apollogize to anybody that might be wanting a screenshoot of the map but I have no Idea how to do that or if I even can with my current programs. (I don't think so)

but on a different note my next attempt at a map will be FF related :goodjob: quite possibley it will be the FF1 map first.

That you should go with your namesake, and do the Final Fantasy 5 (US Final Fantasy 3) World of Ruin map. Or both Balance and Ruin, if you have the time.

Here's the screenshot.
Does the map have any particularity?
What kind of game should we be playing at it?

Attachments

• kefka.jpg
    kefka.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,743
Originally posted by Pggar
Here's the screenshot.
Does the map have any particularity?
What kind of game should we be playing at it?

I would like to say I put 8 civ starting and there is little uranium, I think only two sorces.
and my name is polluted to avoid people productivly using it.
It is sacred land :rolleyes:
There are barbarians Villages in this world!
as for how you should be playing it thats up to you!

and thanks Pggar for the world map you guys can now see what I meant by looking too boxy I gotta fix stuff like that for future maps.
what the editor really needs is a minimap :mad:

Originally posted by Warlord Sam
That you should go with your namesake, and do the Final Fantasy 5 (US Final Fantasy 3) World of Ruin map. Or both Balance and Ruin, if you have the time.

Well I will but I have the map of FF1 with me at this point and I won't feel so bad messing that one up. :lol:
the FF1 map will be my warm up for FF3 maps.

[EDIT: I realize now that the FF1 Map was a real big undertaking so it may be a while untill I can can release the map.
just for anyone Instrised I will post my updates in this thread.
right now I just have the guideline in place for the upper contentents.

The problem with doing a FF3/6 map would be that would have to do two maps, one for The World of Balance and one for The World of Ruin.

speaking of ff, i'm on the verge of completing a ffx map of spira... altho i'm thinking of holding it 'til the patch comes out. perhaps then i can make a better modpack assigning civs to certain locations for cities.

I just completed a game playing as the Russians. I started on the island with room for three civs, and as the other two were kind enough not to produce settlers for quite a while, I soon controlled the entire island. The game became rather dull, but also an unusually peaceful one (the latter part was nice for a change). However, the distance between the Civs that aren´t neighbours is too large in my opinion. Worst for the Civ that is isolated on an island, and can´t leave for ages without risking losing a ship (which the AI doesn´t seem willing to risk). I (and the other three or four competitive AI Civs) had just entered the Modern Era when I finally found the Babylonians, who were more than happy to buy Engineering from me. This should definitely be changed.
The polluted islands were settled by the Chinese and Germans in my game, and later I got a couple of those cities in exchange for ending the few wars I was in, and by culture flipping. Didn´t look too difficult to turn the are into a productive place. However, I can´t help but think that you should have isolated THIS region, and let the island with a starting area be placed here instead, so it isn´t several thousand years behind in development when it encounters the other civilizations. :)

I didn't put a starting place on that Isolated Island. (the northwest Island) I had only placed eight starting places, two on each Island.

Top Bottom