Khmer Empire should join the game in the next pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimean

Chieftain
The most ancient civilized country in South-East Asia is Khmer, while Siam just created their own nation in 13 century A.D. I don't know why Firaxis decide to choose Siam instead of Khmer, because as I know about the history, most ancient temples in Siam are get from Khmer. It is very a shame that forget this brilliant Civilization as Khmer (Cambodia) and hope Firaxis will choose Khmer in the next pack,

I don't why they changed it but maybe they want something different, but I don't think Khmer should be in since Siam and Khmer are so similar in culture, language, architecture, land, cities, etc. Now I know Byzantines and Ottomans may share land and cities but the rest are different. It's like Songhai and Mali they are too similar. No civ should be in if 4/5 similarities are between them.

You're from Cambodia, aren't you?

It'd be great if they could add every single civilisation that flourished, but that's unconceivable... even if they had to sacrifice one of the many European civilisations in the game.

You guys got the languages wrong. Thai and Khmer aren't related whatsoever. Thai is in the Tai-Kadai language and tonal. Khmer is part of the Austro-Asiatic family (which includes Vietnamese) and is not tonal. Same goes for Songhai and Mali. The Songhay languages are often connected with Nilo-Saharan and the Mande languages (which the Mali rulers spoke) which is often connected with Niger-Congo but may be an independent family.

I can take what fuzzatron said about Khmer and Siam sharing stuff and apply it to Denmark/Sweden and Portugal/Spanish because their cultures/languages/architecture, etc are similar too.

I always figured that's why Portugal didn't make it to CIV 5.

Sweden is probably responsible for the developers' furniture, so it's all good.

Honestly I want an Inuit Civilization to make use of the snow tiles, though it would be hard to determine a leader for them.

I also REALLY want to see a Powhatan civ (which really wasn't a civilization), but only because Pocahontas would give Gandhi a run for his money.

You guys got the languages wrong. Thai and Khmer aren't related whatsoever. Thai is in the Tai-Kadai language and tonal. Khmer is part of the Austro-Asiatic family (which includes Vietnamese) and is not tonal. Same goes for Songhai and Mali. The Songhay languages are often connected with Nilo-Saharan and the Mande languages (which the Mali rulers spoke) which is often connected with Niger-Congo but may be an independent family.

I can take what fuzzatron said about Khmer and Siam sharing stuff and apply it to Denmark/Sweden and Portugal/Spanish because their cultures/languages/architecture, etc are similar too.
Thank you for the language lesson I always thought they spoke a similar dialect or at least the same language.

Honestly I want an Inuit Civilization to make use of the snow tiles, though it would be hard to determine a leader for them.
For all I care, it could be a gigantic narwhal. An Inuit civilisation is long overdue (or any snow-friendly civilisation, for that matter), as I believe there's nothing quite like it in any Civ game.

Moderator Action: No suggestion threads for single, hypothetically to included civs please.
We could fill the whole forum with such threads, and nobody wants that.
If you want to suggest civs, then please use this thread.

And closed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom