Knight based UUs

Frostyboy

Never Beaten
Which Knight based unique unit do you like most? And why?

Ansar Warrior. Cheaper than the usual, and an extra movement point, can't go wrong :)

The War Elephant, especially now that they have an extra hit point.

The Chinese Rider. But Andy80 is right about the War Elephant - no requirements and the EXTRA HP are a great thing. 1 HP more can swing the tide of battle, just ask the combat calculator.

Ansar Warrior, fast and cheap! :D

War Elephant is DEFINITELY the coolest looking unit in THE ENTIRE GAME! Its Hp bonus is very, very nice too but it poses some problems when stacked with Pikemen since a 5 hp, veteran elephant will defend even when theres a 4 hp, veteran pikemen present.
Samurai are nice too. Unlike those pansie Musketmen, the Samurai will cut enemy cavalry down before they can escape!
However, gamingwise the knight of choice is still the Chinese Rider, closely followed by the Ansar Warrior.

My vote goes to the ansar warrior, for its cheapness and speed. However, they are NO bad knight-based UUs. Even the keshik, while its stats are kinda lame, is cheap enough to make it very valuable. Still, I gotta give the edge to the ansar in most situations.

Arathorn

:smug: The Cataphract :smug:

;)

Originally posted by storealex
Sipahi is cavalry, not knight....

But it should be a knight. It says so in the Ottoman's civilopedia. For some reason they decided to make it a Cavalry replacement, though... I've been considering to find a knight unit that uses a mace and making a mediaval sipahi for the Ottomans...

I like the Chinese Rider. That extra movement point is very useful in almost all situations from a quick strike on a city to rushing in defenders before the AI SOD hits you. Ansar Warrior is nice too.

keshik is cheap and in mountainous terrrian can really reak some damage cuttting off iron where the other uu's lose their move advantage.

The Samurai is cool and has the ability to defend after taking a city, which is great, and the Rider, as the extra movment point can make a massive difference

Thanks for so many replies.

I am playing usually on tiny pangea maps on Demigod and conquest victory (in war most of the game, except the beginning) ,
so I like the UUs thereafter.

Japan is my favourite civ, so I can't avoid having Samurais. They look cool and substitute the expensive and rotten musketmen.

Ansar Warriors are great and better than Riders I think.

War elephants look coolest (in the game) I agree.

Keshiks may be tactically the best since they can move fast over mountain ranges and keep a nice defence there, while they for example pillage your enemys mines.

But I prefer to avoid Chivalry. Except for the Crusader wonder, which is really great, Chivalry is a dead end I don't like. I like to go straight to Mil.Trad.

Frosty :)

Top Bottom