Knights Hospitallers (BtS 3.19; V1.0)

I will have to look at how I have mine set up.
If I haven't responded by this Sunday, please remind me.

Yes I will. Thank you. One more information that might be important. I have the game installed in german.
Mein Gott!
Yes, this could be important...
When you look into the text files, there are no german tags...
Perhaps you could set the game language to English using the options, and see if the civilization comes up?

If so, then we simply add in the text in German...
Would you be willing to do some translations? I would add them and re-upload.

Similar problem. My Civ 4 is in english. When I put the Hospitaller file into BtS/Mods (where the other mods are) it is offered as an option to load a mod, though it apparently does not really load. At least when I start a game I am not offered Hospitallers as an option. After I put the Hospitallers into BtS/Mods/Extra Civs/Assets/Modules and the .ini into BtS/Mods/Extra Civs I am no longer even offered is as a possible mod to load in the main menu.

Similar problem. My Civ 4 is in english. When I put the Hospitaller file into BtS/Mods (where the other mods are) it is offered as an option to load a mod, though it apparently does not really load. At least when I start a game I am not offered Hospitallers as an option. After I put the Hospitallers into BtS/Mods/Extra Civs/Assets/Modules and the .ini into BtS/Mods/Extra Civs I am no longer even offered is as a possible mod to load in the main menu.
Ok, then it would seem language settings are not the problem.

I will look into this when I get home this weekend and see if I posted something wrong.

Ok...
Looking at mine...
I have this:
.ini & ini.bak files in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Kochman Special
("Kochman Special" is what I named my modpack)

Hospitallers folder is in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Kochman Special\Assets\Modules

.ini is configured exactly like this:
Code:
[CONFIG]

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 1

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Kochman Special

; Description of Mod
Description = Generic Mod

Make sure you change the name of the mod in the bottom part of the .ini file, I am thinking THIS is the problem!

It must be consistent with whatever you named your folder that the .ini file is in. Your .ini file must also be named whatever the name of that folder is...
My .ini is called Kochman Special.ini.

Please let me know if this works.

I have named the folder and the ini file both "Extra Civs" and I changed the language to english. It still doesnt work. :confused:

The thing is installed in "programme(x86)/..." not "programme/...", but shouldnt be the problem I think.

As we know one another we have now copied my folder Extra Civs to Hugo´s laptop and that seems to have worked. I believe he also changed his language to english.

Something else: I like having many extra civs as a single mod to load. Can I put other people´s civs into Extra Civs too, or do they have to be written specifically for this ?

Something else: I like having many extra civs as a single mod to load. Can I put other people´s civs into Extra Civs too, or do they have to be written specifically for this ?
Yes, they are modular, so you should be able to put them all in... just make sure they are up to date for BTS 3.19 patch of course...
You can also put in the custom leaderhead pack I made... available in my signature line.

Thanks.

Something else: I got Failed to Uncompress errors crashing BtS when I tried to load saved games using Teutonic Order, Romania and Knights Hospitaller. This happened both when I loaded Extra Civs before I tried to load a saved game and when I tried to load a saved game from BtS directly, causing it to ask whether I wanted to restart to load the required mod. Any idea what might cause it ? Do they share anything besides the .ini file in Extra Civs ?

Thanks.

Something else: I got Failed to Uncompress errors crashing BtS when I tried to load saved games using Teutonic Order, Romania and Knights Hospitaller. This happened both when I loaded Extra Civs before I tried to load a saved game and when I tried to load a saved game from BtS directly, causing it to ask whether I wanted to restart to load the required mod. Any idea what might cause it ? Do they share anything besides the .ini file in Extra Civs ?
I have no idea...
Perhaps you could post a help requested thread asking someone more skilled and knowledgeable about computer issues...

I ran it again. After I moved all new civs except the Kights Hospitaller from the Extra Civs folder elsewhere I started a game, saved it, and could load the saved game. When I brought back the other new civs to the Extra Civs folder it failed to uncompresss again. After I started a new game with all new civs in the Extra Civs folder and saved it, I could load that game again also.

The problem seems to be connected to whether the content of the Extra Civs folder was changed between saving a game and trying to load it again.

I ran it again. After I moved all new civs except the Kights Hospitaller from the Extra Civs folder elsewhere I started a game, saved it, and could load the saved game. When I brought back the other new civs to the Extra Civs folder it failed to uncompresss again. After I started a new game with all new civs in the Extra Civs folder and saved it, I could load that game again also.

The problem seems to be connected to whether the content of the Extra Civs folder was changed between saving a game and trying to load it again.
Interesting! Good detective work... that's odd, isn't it!?

Not necessarily. From my computer´s POV the "mod" I load is "Extra Civs". The various new civs are just components. If my computer or Civ4 checks whether the mod I have presently loaded is the same as the one that was used in the saved game I try to load, they may well notice that the mod only has the same name, but is actually different.

How did you arrive at their UU? Would've thought that being the Knights Hospitaller their UU should be a Knight with Medic II or III. Not complaining, just the first thought that popped into my head.

How did you arrive at their UU? Would've thought that being the Knights Hospitaller their UU should be a Knight with Medic II or III. Not complaining, just the first thought that popped into my head.
Well, the main reason is, I have also made the Kingdom of Jerusalem, and they had as a UB the "St. John's Hospital"...
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13338

Historically, they were reknowned for their corsairs later on... a true terror to the Turks, etc. They were able to maintain their home base due to their great sailing and defense...

Top Bottom