Installation Problem

Metaltooth

Chieftain
I installed the newest version of the game using SVN however I am unable to run the mod
I put it exactly where the instructions said in Mods for Beyond the Sword within the main folder and not the Documents folder however the game and the C2C launcher refuses to acknowlege that its installed whatsoever. The steam launch options do nothing either as it seems like the game is unable to see it whatsoever.

The error it spits out when I run the steam launch paremters is "Mods\Caveman2Cosmos is an invalid mod directory, ignoring and the bat file in C2C just says it wasnt installed in the right spot. What do I do?

I installed the newest version of the game using SVN however I am unable to run the mod
I put it exactly where the instructions said in Mods for Beyond the Sword within the main folder and not the Documents folder however the game and the C2C launcher refuses to acknowlege that its installed whatsoever. The steam launch options do nothing either as it seems like the game is unable to see it whatsoever.

The error it spits out when I run the steam launch paremters is "Mods\Caveman2Cosmos is an invalid mod directory, ignoring and the bat file in C2C just says it wasnt installed in the right spot. What do I do?
You got it in wrong BTS folder - not where vanilla exe is located, you put it in inside of second beyond the sword folder.
For some dumb reason steam calls base Civ folder "Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword" instead of "Sid Meier's Civilization IV"

1. Never overwrite old version of mod with new one - always delete old version, as files are often moved, renamed or removed.

2. Mod must be named Caveman2Cosmos and won't work if placed in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS.
If its located there - delete it from that place

So valid install paths will look like this:
For GoG this will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
For steam it will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
Assets folder would exist in Caveman2Cosmos folder - ensure it isn't nested!

3. If game is on system drive "c:", then you need to run as admin.

Top Bottom