Leader Flavor: Diplomats?

LastSword

Prince
Since I can only predict, which leader flavors are responsible (if any) for assigning diplomats, I would give this question a shot.

As title, which flavors should be high (or low) to make civilization use Diplomats instead spies.

Thanks.

This peaked my curiosity, so I took a quick look.

Only flavors from the <Flavors> table that look like they might apply are

FLAVOR_ESPIONAGE
FLAVOR_DIPLOMACY

I took a look at Alexander, since he's in all three expansions.

Vanilla

Code:
<Row>
	<LeaderType>LEADER_ALEXANDER</LeaderType>
	<FlavorType>FLAVOR_DIPLOMACY</FlavorType>
	<Flavor>9</Flavor>
</Row>

G and K

Code:
<Row>
	<FlavorType>FLAVOR_DIPLOMACY</FlavorType>
	<Flavor>9</Flavor>
</Row>
<Row>
	<FlavorType>FLAVOR_ESPIONAGE</FlavorType>
	<Flavor>5</Flavor>
</Row>

BNW doesn't change either of these two flavors.

To give a compare, Washington has a FLAVOR_DIPLOMACY=7 in Vanilla
In G & K Washington has FLAVOR_DIPLOMACY=7 plus FLAVOR_ESPIONAGE=7
In BNW no change to these two flavors from G & K.

My guess (and it is only a guess based upon the Flavor seems to stay the same between expansions for the same leader) would be that FLAVOR_DIPLOMACY is not related to choice between Diplomats or Spies but rather trend to talk-talk instead of fight-fight.
No guess on FLAVOR_ESPIONAGE and whether higher number means more likely to steal techs via spies, or more likely to establish Diplomats.

To get a better idea it would be needed to look at all leaders for these two flavor settings. Also perhaps the answer is really in the DLL or LUA.

Diplomats are a BNW only feature (ie "get it out-of-the-door, forget the modders"). The AI decision to use diplomats vs spies is completely hard-coded. If going for a cultural victory, they will have a max of two diplomats in the "most useful" capitals. If going for a diplo victory, they will have as many diplomats as can be used to sway votes. All other victory types will have zero diplomats.

Code is in CvEspionageAI::FindTargetSpyNumbers()

Thanks, question answered.
I shall try Diplomacy flavor (with low City-state flavors, so not election rigging). (to be honest I was also thinking about low Science flavor and high Culture, so my predictions were wrong)

Top Bottom