• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Let The Sun Never Set - Farewell SG for RFC

Sorry to see Rhye quit..

But anyways: Great job blizzrd!:D Our final push is about to begin, I'll play tonight.

Very nice.

I would get a few nukes built first before you attack Turkey. Saves a lot of lives on the British side. (Those Turkish cavalry can be quite deadly to tanks when used in mass suicides)

Airports should be built first and at least 5-6 fresh troops sent to the frontlines in the Middle East before you declare war.

IMHO, Arabia isn't a very good use of your vassal spot--you want to capture India, Baghdad and Ethiopia/Kenya, which is where Arabia would have expanded. It will only help you with Persia (which can respawn at any time).

Send some convicts to Australia via first class flights.:lol:

Note that I have only listed the significant constructions.

Turn 0 Re-routed some ships and quequed buildings.

Turn 1 Francis Drake sunk a Malinese Caravel.

Turn 2 Our destroyer sunk a Privateer in the Indian Ocean. Francis Drake sinks a mongolian frigate. Settlers/convicts land in northern Australia. I notice that we have accumulated 3500 espionage points against turkey, so in order to exploit these points in a proper manner, Cairo needs to build couple spies to orchestrate revolts on the same turns, when we attack the cities. Chicago finishes supermarket, next airport. Fort Rupert finishes grocer, next Airport. Stock Exchange is finished in Jerusalem, next grocer.

Turn 3 Plague spreads around the world, our attack must be postponed. The second city it spreads to is Bagdat. Francis Drake sinks a Japanese caravel this time; it healed enough with a promotion. We found Wyndham on the northern shores of Australia. We start building tanks, Durban pumps out settlers towards Australia.

Turn 4 Our first airport is opened in Chicago, next tank. The Commonwealth of England inhabits 200 million citizens. Malabar is founded in India, I placed it 1N of the usual spot so that it can work the sugar. Another settler lands in southwestern Australia.

Turn 5 I decide to declare war on India as I can't resist to capture those four much needed Indian workers. Also the plague doesn't seem to spread there as they just spawned. Perth is founded in Australia. Francis Drake sunks another Japanese caravel, I decide to attach a great general to it, however, I don't upgrade it to a destroyer (even for free) so that it can collect more upgrades; the other great general is already in Jerusalem. We train tanks in Egypt.

Spoiler :

Turn 6 We research plastics, I pick Computers to come next. Mali and France give us 310 gold, just because we are so nice. Our cavalry regiments attack Mumbai, destroyer and two fighters give some support.

Turn 7 We build our first tank in Chicago. It is immeatidely airlifted to Malabar. The North American airports continue to spread our workers through out our newly founded colonies. William Shakespeare is born in Southampton. We already have a Great Scientist, so we only need one more for Golden Age. We continue to kill Indian macemen and longbowmen in Mumbai.

Turn 8 Mumbai gets some reinforcements, but so do we. Our tank is ready to attack the next turn.

Turn 9 I decide to build the Three Gorges Dam in Cairo, so that it provides energy to India and Middle East. They'll need it the most. We capture Bombay and approach Dilli and Lahore. We found Adelaide, I chose it over slightly better Melbourne, because it will eventually encompass more land.

Spoiler :

Turn 10 We are invited to a Congress. France conquers Mombasa, so we have take it from them eventually. We conquer Lahore, I decide to keep it as its borders can spread far to Afganistan and Persia. Francis Drake is relocated to Australia, because it didn't find new victims around Hong Kong.

Attachments

• Victoria AD-1862 Turn 378.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 55
Notes & suggestions:

-Our last Australian city could be 1SE from the Northeastern goody hut, 2E from copper. It will take a big chunk of land. A settler just landed in New Zealand, it can be seen in the screenshot. I would settle on that spot.
-Don't promote Francis Drake to a destroyer yet as it can collect some free experience points before it is actually needed for real combat. It has the leadership promotion, so they'll accumulate quickly. However, most of the nations have frigates, so do not leave it outside a city, nor should it be used for iffy battles.
-India is up for taking. After founding the New Zealand city we could change resettlement for occupation for the while that it takes to conquer India. It should switched back as soon as we are about to found another city. And back to occupation when we attack Turkey. This is very important as we'll accumulate stability points for every city founded/conquered!
-Before attacking Bagdat and Iskenderum (razed) take the spies from Jerusalem to there and inflict a revolt. It will only last for a turn so make sure you are ready.
-I doubt we should/can capture anything else from Turkey..?

Situation in India, Jerusalem & Australia:

Spoiler :

Don't forget the cultural dial (2-3 turns of 80% culture will greatly expand your land area) at the end.
I want to see some nukes!:nuke:

Jusos: it's "sinks" (sunk is the past participle)

Don't forget the cultural dial (2-3 turns of 80% culture will greatly expand your land area) at the end.

Jusos: it's "sinks" (sunk is the past participle)

Yeah, but Australia is just really big.
I thought it sounded weird, but didn't bother to check.

That wouldn't exactly be historical now though would it?

Good job jusos2108. Any reason why you delayed Stock Exchange by 2 turns though? It immediately added around +30g when I hit end turn after my turn set, why delay this for 2 turns (I assume to finish the Grocer that had been partially constructed).

-Don't promote Francis Drake to a destroyer yet as it can collect some free experience points before it is actually needed for real combat. It has the leadership promotion, so they'll accumulate quickly. However, most of the nations have frigates, so do not leave it outside a city, nor should it be used for iffy battles.

Do units with an attached GG not gain any more experience points if you upgrade them?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1414878/MI6-urged-Churchill-to-nuke-Berlin.html

Apparently the British have no counter against the German V2s. So it's not out of the question if the British had nukes...
Churchill stoutly defended the Americans' use of the atom bomb against the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August 1945, supporting its deployment on military, political and moral grounds. On August 10, the day after the Nagasaki bombing, Churchill argued that the horrific death toll was militarily justified if it helped to bring the war to an early close.

He also reportedly complained to a friend that the Americans had failed to make sufficient political use of their new-found power: he would have threatened Russia with the device to make Stalin "behave reasonably and decently in Europe".

As for the morality of using the atom bomb, Churchill told Lord Mountbatten in 1946 that it was a serious question for history but added: "I may even be asked by my Maker why I used it, but I shall defend myself vigorously and shall say, 'Why did you release this knowledge to us when mankind was raging in furious battles?' "

Good job jusos2108. Any reason why you delayed Stock Exchange by 2 turns though? It immediately added around +30g when I hit end turn after my turn set, why delay this for 2 turns (I assume to finish the Grocer that had been partially constructed).

Something weird happened there, because when I got the save, I checked that it should be ready the next turn. When it wasn't, I checked the city again and it showed 540/540 hammers, I have never seen anything like it. Anyway it was finished the next turn. The only possible explonation (other than a bug) I can think of is that there was a one turn revolt Jerusalem.:confused: Grocer was finished afterwards.

Do units with an attached GG not gain any more experience points if you upgrade them?

They do, but since the unit is currently a privateer, it can attack every foreign ship.

Turn 0 1862:
Nothing Done; India Collapses. I don't bribe anyone for the Congress.

Turn 1 1864:
Alexandria finishes Tank; begins Airport
Belize finishes Supermarket; begins Barracks
I put a theater in front of Lahore's queue in front of the forge because we need to spread culture to Afghanistan sooner rather than later
I conquer Delhi with Bomber/Tanks/Calvary with no loses. Khmer got Patna when India Collapsed, so we'll have to fight with them again. China got Lasa back, which is good news.
Fighters move to Lasa in anticipation of future war with Khmer over Bengal.

Turn 2 1866:
Bad news!
Khmer vassalizes to Turkey.
World Congress goes terribly. The Dutch get Singapore, which means we won't be getting it anytime soon. Germany gets Washington, which I vacate because I don't want war with the entire world.
Belize finishes Barracks, starts airport
Fort Rupert & New York begin barracks; Chicago begins Hydro Plant; I think we need a big buildup so that we can counter Turkey on multiple fronts as we take on Khmer.
However, there is a new World War with Turkey vs. Japan, Spain & Germany

Turn 3 1868:
Next Research is Rocketry
Southampton begins Tank
Durban finishes Settler, begins Airport
Chicago & Fort Rupert begin Bombers
I upgrade Jerusalem Cannons to Artillery
I start a golden Age with Moses in Dublin plus the Artist/Scientist in Southampton

Turn 4 1870:
Port Nolloth founded and begins Theater
Sydney begins settler for Cape York Peninsula.

Turn 5 1874:
Inverness finishes Mt Rushmore; begins bomber
Durban finishes Airport; begins supermarket
Belize finishes airport, begins tank
Chicago finishes tank, begins another tank
Hong Kong begins harbor
Bombay begins Levee

Turn 6 1878:
Rocketry is learned; Mass Media is up next
Durban finishes supermarket, begins industrial park
Sydney finishes settler; begins coal plant
Great Engineer flies from Alexandria to Durban; I will found Mining Inc (I really like the production bonuses it offers)

Turn 7 1882:
Big news, Turkey Collapses and Persia Respawns.
Alexandria and Jerusalem begin Industrial Parks.
We are at war with independent Baghdad; I send in artillery and infantry
I declare on Khmer now that their Turk protectors are gone. India's tanks tumble down the Ganges river valley towards Patna.

Turn 8 1880
Inverness finishes bomber and Southampton finishes tank; both begin industrial park
Belize finishes tank and begins hydro plant
Chicago begins marine. I plan to target Pagan next and it's only accessible via sea so I want a few marines.
Both Patna and Baghdad fall to British arms.
I had a lapse of judgment and accidentally founded Rockhampton instead of Cairns.

Turn 9 1882
Just more consolidation of newly won Baghdad and Patna and preparation for taking Pagan.

Turn 10 1884
Mass Media is learnt; I think Robotics should come next.

Question: Where do we build Hollywood?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Civ4ScreenShot0030.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0030.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 87
  • Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Civ4ScreenShot0032.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0032.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 118
More pics:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0036.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0036.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Civ4ScreenShot0037.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0037.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Civ4ScreenShot0038.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0038.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Civ4ScreenShot0039.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0039.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Civ4ScreenShot0043.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0043.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 87
  • Civ4ScreenShot0044.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0044.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 114
And the save:

One other question, is Phuket within our rules for conquering. I know that Siam retained independence despite Anglo-French imperialism on all sides, but the city in RFC is in the same place as British-administered Malay.

Attachments

• Victoria AD-1884 Turn 389.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 73
I personally never give up cities in congress. The Australian city is misplaced, it doesn't take enough land. The Rocketry issue was also bit annoying, did you read our suggestions?

I propose to replay the turn set, but we need to vote on replays. Jusos2108 what is your opinion on a replay of the previous turn set?

Top Bottom