Lets Invade The Zulus!!!!!1

ali

Prince
hey ive noticed no1 seemes interested on conquering the Zulu's....and if ppl are sorry i must have missed your thread meaning no offence......now after examing the map that invy posted on a difffrent matter..it seems that Zululand is of great stragetic importance to Japnisticia and that we should conquer here is my case for an invasion

Why should we conquer the zulus?

1) To stop France from gaining cultural or military dominance in the region, which may cause a great deal of Zulu land to be annexed by France
2) Zulu territory appears to be highly defencisble if we let the French take control than it will be an ideal staging area for an invasion from the North into our Great Nation, which would be harder to spoil due to the high ground the French army will be control of in the area
3) Secure the inner nation from Zulu and/or French raids
4) If we invade now it will free our military resources for other nationlistic ambitions later and further secure our norther border
5) When the French attack we can fight on the Zululand rather than on our nation
6) A Great area for any future staging pts for a possible invasion of France
7) More taxpayers
8) A workforce pool we can tap into without disrupting production of our cities
9) Provide experience for our army in regards to elite units
10) It will be walkover

Here are the problems in the invasion:
1) May cause a wider war in which France may defend the Zulus we should get them to invade Zulu from the North to divide Zulu forces
2) In my plans id estimate wed need at least 15 divisions/units may or may not disrupt peacetime production

I think the pros outweigh the cons

here are my battleplans btw i borrow the maps from invy i hope u dont mind mate??

1) To stop France from gaining cultural or military dominance in the region, which may cause a great deal of Zulu land to be annexed by France
I don't see that happening. And if France does attack the Zulu, we can help the Zulu peacefully by techs, loans and resources.
2) Zulu territory appears to be highly defencisble if we let the French take control than it will be an ideal staging area for an invasion from the North into our Great Nation, which would be harder to spoil due to the high ground the French army will be control of in the area
If it is defensible then why attack ?
3) Secure the inner nation from Zulu and/or French raids
I think the core is already secure.
4) If we invade now it will free our military resources for other nationlistic ambitions later and further secure our norther border
it will cost military units to keep the zulu-lands (assumably ours in your debate) strong to prevent a French attack
5) When the French attack we can fight on the Zululand rather than on our nation
We can also do that if we Ally with Zululand
6) A Great area for any future staging pts for a possible invasion of France
I don't want to invade France
7) More taxpayers
Valid point
8) A workforce pool we can tap into without disrupting production of our cities
Also true
9) Provide experience for our army in regards to elite units
I prefer no active army at all. and upgrading units removes the elite status.
10) It will be walkover
Possibly, but on what do you base this ? You've just stated in point 2 that the land favors the defense.

Here are the problems in the invasion:
1) May cause a wider war in which France may defend the Zulus we should get them to invade Zulu from the North to divide Zulu forces
This is contradictory; you want to capture the Zulu-lands to prevent the French from getting too strong and you propose to do this with the help of France ... :confused:
2) In my plans id estimate wed need at least 15 divisions/units may or may not disrupt peacetime production
15 divisions is not sufficient in my POV. I'm not exactly sure how many cities you want to go for, but each city needs a defender (most likely 2 or 3) and we need a strong advancing force.

I am against any war from now on. We have the lands we need, more lands is not needed. We have a huge advantage over every nation on the planet because of our suicide galley. Let us now focus on making the game fun, instead of conquer all.

belay that i dont know how to put the pics on :( *embarrassed flush* well heres the plan:

Operation Enduring North

Phase 1 - Opening Moves:
1) The invasion will begin on a broad front to offset concentrations of enemy troops in which the zulu cities of Hponda, Hlobane, Isandhalana, Tugera, and Intombe be attacked and captured
2) IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT HPONDA IS CAPTURED!!! For the major foundation of phase 2 of the invasion
3) land troops (via ship) in Zulu rear (north of Zimbabwee) to prevent zulu reinforcements to the capital (consistion of 2 samara and 2 pikeman)
Phase 2 - The Death Blow
1) With the completion of phase 1, troops used to attack Hponda (which will hold the bulk of the attacking force) will launch an offensive aimed at Zimbabwee support by the troops deployed in the north at the enenys rear from phase 1
2)Troops from Hlobane and Intombe will link up and lanch an attack onto Ulandi
3) Troops from Isandhalana will launch raids around Bapedi in which to feint an attack onto the city itself keeping pressure from our objectives
Phase 3 - Mopping up
1) Our troops in Zimbawee will than hit Ngome
2) We go to the peace tables and reduce Zulus into a protectorate of our nation effectively making them a tribute state (if we hanent done so already) and perhaps gaining some more land concessions

ali said:
belay that i dont know how to put the pics on :( *embarrassed flush*
Have you got the pictures uploaded or do you want to show pictures that are currently on your desktop ?

Uploaded: just type:
Code:
[img]http://www.linktoyourpicture.com/picturename.jpg[/i mg]
. (remove the space between /i and mg).

If they are on your PC, click on "MAnage attachments" below the window in which you type a message. Browse for your picture and upload it. If you need more pictures, browse and upload more.

Of course this only works in the real "post reply" window or the "Edit" button, not the "quick reply" window at the bottom of each thread.

I, too, am against war with the Zulu. Like RM, I think we as a people should get back to peaceful affairs, and not attack every civilization we know just because we can.

Besides, the Iroquois seem to be the next target for the military (not to mention the fact that we're still at war with Rome). We don't need to add another name to the list of target countries at the moment.

I have no support for a Zulu invasion. They have not done anything against us and have shown us great respect towards our civilisation. Unless they invade our lands, I believe we should respect their sovereignty as well. Our reputation is far too tarnished already for a 'noble' race.
On a technical level, we are rapidly becoming way to strong and at this moderate difficulty level approaching walkover status, which is kinda silly.

I also agree that the Zulu should not be invaded.

The Iroquois deserve it for their early attack on Immo. The Babs deserve it for siding with the Romans against us. We need to teach any of the countries that attack us that we will not accept it.

Besides, the Babs have this great big light bulb that I keep finding myself strangly drawn to. We should capture that so that I can flit around it whenever I want. :)

I too will join the ranks of those opposed to a Zulu invasion. Our World stats look pretty good at the moment, although further review may be needed soon. But it appears there will be no need for a "conquest" style of play, at this point in time.

MOTH said:
I also agree that the Zulu should not be invaded.

The Iroquois deserve it for their early attack on Immo. The Babs deserve it for siding with the Romans against us. We need to teach any of the countries that attack us that we will not accept it.

Besides, the Babs have this great big light bulb that I keep finding myself strangly drawn to. We should capture that so that I can flit around it whenever I want. :)
:lol: The south is much more important ATM. By the looks of this game, we are aiming for a domination victory. The rest of the Continent will be ours eventually, so getting the south will help our production.

MOTH said:
Besides, the Babs have this great big light bulb that I keep finding myself strangly drawn to.
:lol:
MOTH: I will save you; by a speedy research trip towards electricity and Scientific Method. We'll produce lightbulbs, so you aren't confined to 1 big light bulb in our friend's lands.

Ho! to Ali, new En'Gha mayor! :) Just check the thread in the citizen forum.
Don't mind using the picture :) just ask someone on the demogame chanells how to post the picture in the thread, its quite simple..

I must also say that I'm against Zulu invasion because we have better targets at the moment. And Zulu have never done anything bad to us.

theres a big country to the north who has done nothing but be nice to us, then theres two small countrys to the south we have had wars with, its clear we should take babylon and iroquis first.

Ali - thank you for your input - it's good to see more relative newcomers getting involved in the game and suggesting policy lines:). I will shortly be polling a variety of options dictating future foreign policy in broad terms, and will get into details shortly after.

Official departmental position is against any war against the Zulu before at least taking out the Iroquois (if we want more agression). They will only weaken as the game goes on, we are strong enough to pick people off as we choose. I won't respond to each point as RM has already done so adequately. It is fairly clear from this thread that the official position is in line with the WOTP.

(Our name is Japanatica)

hhmmm i see every1 wants to take out the Iro and Babs....i can live with that but i reckon we should take the Zulus after that!!! :).........id like to addresss Rik Merkets concerns later ive g2g bye :)

We must show mercy and kindness to those poor nations that cannot live up to our greatness - lets help the Zulu rather than invade and conquer them.

Gregski said:
I have no support for a Zulu invasion. They have not done anything against us and have shown us great respect towards our civilisation. Unless they invade our lands, I believe we should respect their sovereignty as well.

...Sir, Japanatica needs more virtuous men like you. Rarely have I seen someone talk about a computer game with such honor and dignity.

We're ill prepared to invade Zululand. All of our armies are in the south and with the Iroquois leaving soon they're ripe for attack.

*Suddenly everyone realizes that its not Rik Meleet in the room but his evil twin Rik Merket. Merket laughs an evil laugh and scurries out of the room.*

I'm just jokin' ;)

I'm against any war at the moment. This Roman war has slowed our work on wonders, and I really would like one before the world ends. :)

*snipel turns on radio:

"War! huh! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing..."*

Top Bottom